Off Topic Alligator Video

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Wow, I would be scared to death if one came over to say hello:eek: It does look so much fun! How did the kids like it?

Came over to say hi?? More like came over because he thought dinner was being served!

Wow, I would be scared to death if one came over to say hello:eek: It does look so much fun! How did the kids like it?
The kids loved it! We had seen oodles of gators in the roadside canals on the drive in, so by the time we got to this guy, the girls were pretty mellow about the whole thing. On the boat ride, the thing to really enjoy were all the wild birds and the beautiful mangrove swamps!

Last edited by a moderator:
Came over to say hi?? More like came over because he thought dinner was being served!
Ha-Ha! We joked about that. But actually they are very lazy, it was pretty rare for one to swim over. I guess they like to lay in the sun & soak up all the sun they can before night-time. Most of them just laid there looking like statues!

You were in a boat with alligators swimming around?

:eek:
Only the one! And as I mentioned to NYGymfan, all the others just laid around on the banks of the river soaking up sun! It was so quiet and beautiful there in that Mangrove swamp, it was hard to feel scared...

I've done the alligator boat tour on Hilton Head, SC - my kids loved it - although there definitely wasn't as many gators as you find in the Everglades. You got some great pics and video - very cool :D

It's ok, Iheart & Allaround, it was not that big of a deal! We were in a nice, stable boat w/ high sides, and the gator just slowly glided by, regarded us w/ his one eye facing us, and glided on. They are not ravenous and violent like you see on some of the nature shows! I think those are Aussie or African gators! :) It really was quite peaceful and pleasant out there in their habitat! :cool: They have a ton of other things to eat. One thing about the Everglades is that it is teeming w/ life. These gators have it very easy.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back