Parents Allison's L4 state meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mom2Brats

Proud Parent
Long, long day. We drove out and back in the same day, 4 1/2 hrs each way, yikes! But it meant a friend watched my 4 yr old so I only had to bring the baby (who was very disappointed that she wasn't allowed to eat the dirty popcorn off the floor)

I'm kicking myself for not bringing my camera. I didn't think I'd need it, since I can't film and take pictures at the same time, but it would have been nice for awards. I didn't actually realize that they gave individual awards for state, but, oh well.

Enough rambling...
Vault: Went well, what is there to say about L4 vault? It looked good to me. 9.25, 6th place
Bars: Beautiful!! Allison started late, and only got her stride circle and front hip circle the end of Feb so I've always thought of bars as her weak event, but she proved me wrong. 9.35 and 1st place by a decent margin.
Beam: Poor thing, she had a rough time. All the girls said the beam was "squishier" than they were used to. I was wondering why her handstand was so timid until I realized that's when she fell off last time. =( Then she wobbled and almost fell off and the rest was very, very conservative. Oh, well. 8.65, tied for 3rd and got the bronze since her AA was higher.
Floor: Was very good. I was worried since it was her last event and she was the last one to go so EVERYONE was watching her, since there was nothing else to do at the point. I kept seeing her get more and more nervous. But she blocked it out and did a great job. She said the floor was super-bouncy and she almost fell over out of her ROBHS but fortunately, she didn't 9.2 and tied for first, won with the higher AA

AA: 36.45, second place overall, only missed first by .05 Not bad for her 3rd meet ever!!

Yes, I'm proud. Why'd you ask?
The video: YouTube - State gymnastics meet
I missed the first vault, oops! Couldn't get the baby handed off and the camcorder out fast enough.

My goodness she really caught up quickly, you would never know that she is a beginner. Beautiful job. Second AA at State is very impressive. She is awfully cute too!

Congratulations on a great meet! 2nd place AA and 1st place State Champion on Bars, Way to go!

Great job! She has come so far so fast. Congrats to a wonderful end to the season!

Wow, she looks great. Congratulations on a fantastic state meet - two firsts and a silver medal AA.

Meg

Thanks everyone! We are so excited for her, although my husband and I were discussing that it might be a shock to her when we move somewhere more populated. Right now we're thinking she might have kind of a "big fish in a little pond" syndrome. I'm assuming gymnastics is probably more competitive in other states? Just because there's more people? But oh, well. We're having fun for now!

Those are awesome scores and she did an amazing job!!
She's too cute :)

I can't wait to show Pixie her videos tomorrow. She loves watching youtube videos especially other level 4s.

Congrats!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back