Almost at State

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym monkeys mom

Proud Parent
DD had a great meet this weekend. Got best AA score this year!! However she was .4 short of qualifing for state. I was unsure if I should be happy or sad. i decided happy so here is how it went.

Vault 8.775 (decent vault needs to block better to get the illusive 9.)

UB 8.3 yippee !! 10. start value first time all year. DD's best bars score in 2 yrs. Most of all I am proud she is pulling bars together this year. It has been a long long road.

Beam 8.775 12th place out of 37 girls. Best of all she did her series BWO BHS and connected it and no falls. It was very stressful she didn't do or connect any in warm-ups this day. Since she got her giant she then lost her series on beam. LOL Well she DID IT!! She then told me she did it because she was more scared of what her 2 coaches and me :eek: and what we would say if she didn't do it. So she just went for it. Now she is very very proud of herself. Oh to be 13 yrs old again:eek:

Floor 8.75 It was good she did her full and i was so proud of her

I am so proud of the way she has put things together this year. She is really growing and learning to stick to things even when they are tough and eventually they pay off. I am gratefull for all of you anf the support. Thanks a bunch guys:)

Wow good for her for working through the tough stuff. L7 is a tough level and most L4's will never even get there for so many reasons. She has so much to be proud of. Good for you for being positive with her. As for States it is really just another meet and you can always celebrate her acheivments another way.

Great meet! We have been right there with you this year. Cate missed states at her first 3 meets by .15, .2(I think), and .1. She finally put 4 good scores together and made it last week, but it was hard on her.

Congrats on the giants, tell her she's on her way to level 8, those illusive giants haven't made it into Cates routine, so BRAVO! And getting the connection on beam is huge! There are so many things to celebrate at this meet. Tell her she did a great job!

So happy to hear your DD is progessing & improving! She's going for & nailing the bigger skills, good for her!!! Keep up the hard work...it does pay off! How many more meets does she have prior to states? Good luck, I know she can do it! She's on a roll!!!

I am glad you decided to be happy. There is a lot there to be happy for.

DD did a good job! She accomplished many first for her, and that is truly it's own reward!

Gymjourney 3 more meets until State. However the good news is we are going to a meet in WI this weekend.

We love WI they have way better judging we always do so much better there.

I know she will make it to State.

Thanks for the support all.:cool:

Great job Gym Monkey!!!!Sounds like she had a great meet sticking her beam and bars and getting real close to that qualifing score and 3 more meets to go with the way she has been progressing she will defintly get it next time.

Gymjourney 3 more meets until State. However the good news is we are going to a meet in WI this weekend.

We love WI they have way better judging we always do so much better there.

I know she will make it to State.

Thanks for the support all.:cool:

Yeah, typically anything outside of minnesota scores better! I'm sure she'll do great and we'll see you at State :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back