WAG Alpha Factor

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ashc925

Coach
Is anyone else in a pickle now that Alpha Factor has suddenly shut down? What other leotard companies would you recommend that are within a reasonable under 200 price range? We are a small gym and there's just no way we can afford a customized GK leo and apparently purple and black are not popular stock colors.

Is anyone else in a pickle now that Alpha Factor has suddenly shut down? What other leotard companies would you recommend that are within a reasonable under 200 price range? We are a small gym and there's just no way we can afford a customized GK leo and apparently purple and black are not popular stock colors.
What?! When did that happen? Is it permanent? That’s terrible news!

I saw that Plum is releasing a new line of comp leos that are supposed to be affordable.

Even GK has stock Leos that are under $100. But there’s Snowflake, Plum, Ozone, and Melody leotards and a few others. Melody leotards allows you to customize every leotard they sell, at no extra cost. The other companies usually have stock Leos that are less costly. I. Surprised you didn’t find purple and black in a stock Leo as it seems to be all the rage fir gyms in our state at the moment. (I see in GKs stock comp Leos they have an all black Leo and a purple and white Leo, both under $100. Plum has a purple Leo as well.)

Look at Quatro Gymnastics out of the UK. They are the GK of Europe. My daughter ordered their tank practice leos for approximately $60 (comparable to GK practice leos) and they have a ton of crystals, not sequins, and are gorgeous. She gets compliments every time she wears them. Quatro has a team kit builder page that you can customize their leos on. www.quatrogymnastics.com

Higo leos

We are in the same boat. I am the one that informed HC that AF closed!
I love Snowflake.
Bonus - different colors don't cost extra and their turnaround time is pretty good ...
Double Bonus - If you have to order more mid-season, you get the same discount you had at the beginning of the season.

Oh, it's unfortunate that Alpha has (apparently?) gone. My gym days stopped after being on high school squads (2000-2004, I know --- don't laugh), but from avidly following NCAA Women's (really O.U.!): Alpha had really upped their game (I thought) in recent years; with some of the most truly elegant glam styles almost seeming like they'd been meant as a foundation to a "high end" gown(!). They'd (finally) looked like someone was making age-appropriate leos which did NOT make you feel you were seeing an adult woman wearing a ridiculous child's costume.

A funny thing I can remember dealing with (back as a student athlete), regarding personal preferences I had of the different apparel brands (nearly 20 years'-ago...after we'd just come out of the really awful, LOL, crushed velvet era of gymwear!), was that: Alpha Factor always (without exception) started notoriously cut short in the torso (vs. GK, what we wore, at the time) and, you'd risk being caught in a potentially self-conscious awkward visual situation unless you'd reserved the Alphas for only practice and could have had bike shorts over them. I mean, I was certainly *not* a rail-thin teen with delusions of thinking I was ever "slaying it" (more power to these girls now like it's no big deal for them, but that wasn't my experience growing up). Though, it is a funny bit of irony (at least, IMO) how the mindset between the brands has kinda reversed now (I think most of the GK stuff I've noticed, unless probably for the super expensive custom designs, now tends to look like predictable patterns wrongly sized and like something meant for a circus or theater group).

Sorry for the rant(!). Newbie around here and love the sincerity of the conversations(!). BTW: I think Plum as well as Destira seem to have really nice things and at reasonable prices (from what I've seen: because I am seriously interested in signing up for an adult gymnastics recreational course sometime in the future).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back