WAG Alpha Factors comp leo

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ali'sMom

Proud Parent
This is my first endeavor ordering an Alpha Factors competition leotard.
(Our previous was a simple one from OZone)

I've been told that AF are narrower in the bottom and broader in shoulders.
One mom told me to order a size up to save money ($265).
Another mom said that if she's between sizes, go by the girth so that it's not too long and gapping in the back.
????

DD's measurements don't fall into what I KNOW she wears in GK (meaning if I went by her real measurements, in GK I'd order a different size than I 100% know she wears). So I've compared the size chart measurements for GK, and compared those to the size chart for A.F. In GK, she's AS. those measurements fall directly between AS & AM in Alpha Factor. ALL, except for the girth. Spot on for AS.

Is there anyone who has history/experience with Alpha Factors AND GK who can tell me how they compare in the AS & AM range?

Of course today is the deadline to order, and I'm pulling my hair out!!!!

I'm surprised they don't have sizers for the girls to try on. Most of DDs leo's are Ch, with a couple more snug CXS. They will have alpha factor as well and she'll have a CS, previously she wore a CXS and it was definitely getting snug. So, from my experience they run pretty true to size, but again, surprised they don't have sizers.

My DDs competition leo last season was AF and it was her least favorite leo ever. She literally couldn't wait to give it away. It simply did not suit her body type. It was very small in the butt and gaping at the shioolders, and that was with them sizing her. I would not order a size up with them to save though, because we had to glue hers to high heaven to keep it in place. Best of luck!!

We had alpha factor leos two years ago... I got an axs. This year we got gk... I got an am. The alpha factor leo still fits great. I found that for adult sizes, the hips are wide, the stomach area is narrow, and the shoulders are a little broad. I hated that leo.

Compared to a GK AS, an Alpha Factor AM comp leo is about two inches longer, same in the chest/shoulder area, but narrower in the hips/stomach.

Exact measurements of the unstretched mystique AF comp leo (perhaps you can compare to a leo of the same fabric that you know fits her well):
shoulder to crotch-25.5"
chest-12.5"
waist-10"
hips-11.5"

My dd had AF for two years It's the one in my avatar picture. It was beautiful, and it fit her well, but some of the other girls needed the toupee tape to help it stay in place. They DO have sizers. We used them. Bear in mind, AF has an additional size, CI which falls between CS and CM, and that's the size my dd had. Compared to GK, she wore a CM, so the CM Alpha factor leo was like a GK CL. I do not know if the sizes straighten themselves out by the adult sizes or not.

YG wears GK ASX or AS. Her Alpha Factor comp leotard is AS. I agree that tf girth is spot on for AS then do not size up ... if you do, there will be a crease... most likely tight on the stomach in the AM.

DD wears an AXS in most Leo's now, our practice Leo's are UA and she can wear either the AXS or the AS in those. Our comp Leo's are AF and she has been wearing the CL for the past two seasons but will need to upsize to the AXS this year, the CL is really tight. She is NOT a skinny Minnie gymmie, she's rather powerfully built with a curvier body type.... The AF fits her just fine.
I'm really surprised the gym doesn't handle the fitting of your comp Leo's. For practice Leo's its up to the parents but for comp Leo's..? It's always handled by the gym here (and the fitter is me, so I know, lol!) because the fit is so crucial.

Thank you all!
We had alpha factor leos two years ago... I got an axs. This year we got gk... I got an am. The alpha factor leo still fits great. I found that for adult sizes, the hips are wide, the stomach area is narrow, and the shoulders are a little broad. I hated that leo.
Okay, if your AF AXS still fits, and you now have GK AM, that leads me to go true to size for her with AS. Thank you!

Compared to a GK AS, an Alpha Factor AM comp leo is about two inches longer, same in the chest/shoulder area, but narrower in the hips/stomach.

that information is great! THank you!!! If the AM is that much longer than GK AS, she will definitely have baggy butt.

I'm going with AS, and if we have to replace it next year, so be it. (her best friend is getting AXS and is spot on (they DO Have an AXS at the gym to try - I think it might have been an incorrect order last year or so), so if they both grow, we can pass ours to her :)

The first year they ordered these leos, they only had 6 optionals, and then last year, apparently nobody needed a new size, so I kind of get why they don't have sizers. But this year we have 10 girls starting fresh, with no previous one to base size from. I don't think they took that into consideration. Next time they change leos, I will definitely push for sizers...

Thank you all for your help!! Talking to a non-gym mom about this makes their eyes roll into the back of their heads - LOL!

This is my first endeavor ordering an Alpha Factors competition leotard.
(Our previous was a simple one from OZone)

I've been told that AF are narrower in the bottom and broader in shoulders.
One mom told me to order a size up to save money ($265).
Another mom said that if she's between sizes, go by the girth so that it's not too long and gapping in the back.
????

DD's measurements don't fall into what I KNOW she wears in GK (meaning if I went by her real measurements, in GK I'd order a different size than I 100% know she wears). So I've compared the size chart measurements for GK, and compared those to the size chart for A.F. In GK, she's AS. those measurements fall directly between AS & AM in Alpha Factor. ALL, except for the girth. Spot on for AS.

Is there anyone who has history/experience with Alpha Factors AND GK who can tell me how they compare in the AS & AM range?

Of course today is the deadline to order, and I'm pulling my hair out!!!!
I don't know about the sizes in those ranges. I do know that my dd wears an AXS in alpha Factor practice leo, but her competition leo was a child large. It fit well. The AXS would have been too big. She is on the border for GKs leotards as well, but we ended up ordering the CL in GK for this coming year.

I just reread your original post. $265!!!No wonder you are stressed about this. That is a lot of money for a leo. Does anyone on the team have one she can try on?

My DD had GK comp leo 2 seasons, then AF two seasons. IMO AF is sized a little more generous than GK. Especially in girth. Like one size bigger than the corresponding GK. She wore a size CL in both, but her CL GK was way too small by the end of her 2nd season. She then was sized a CL in AF and it fit and was a bit roomy.

We had GK comp Leo's for four years, and I was an AM. Now we have Alpha Factor, and I wear an AS. AF can send a batch of plain sample leotards for sizing, which is what our club did. Can your club have AF send that? It makes it so much easier to figure out sizing! In my experience, GK tends to run smaller than most other brands.

If she's in adult size leos, go up a size in Alpha Factor.....our AF leos were horrible for fit on our older girls in that they had a constant wedgie for an entire season! We even begged to get new GK leos the very next year because the girls and parents were so upset with the fit of the AF leo....and we did get new GK leos that fit beautifully...lesson learned, never again...

If she's in adult size leos, go up a size in Alpha Factor.....our AF leos were horrible for fit on our older girls in that they had a constant wedgie for an entire season! We even begged to get new GK leos the very next year because the girls and parents were so upset with the fit of the AF leo....and we did get new GK leos that fit beautifully...lesson learned, never again...

We had heard about the wedgie factor.
I'm very glad to read your reply, because last night she and I decided to go with the larger size, mostly because of wedgies.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back