Aly Raisman

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am actually not so sure about that. There is lots of talk about Kittia being unhappy about Gabby and Christian's relationship, calling in "inappropriate" and Kittia is clearly angry about being kicked to the curb after getting Gabby into shape for the Olympics. But beyond any of the Buckeye drama, there really does seem to be something odd going on with Gabby these days. Leaving Rio early saying she had to be in school in Ohio, but she is not enrolled in school there or anywhere else; skipping the MTV awards with vague and contradictory reasons -- bad reaction to pain killers, infection from a previous mouth injury, picture of Gabby in bed in a hotel room -- what mouth injury? What hospital? Then having a cyst removed from a bone in her mouth ? and that frankly odd picture of her in a dentist's chair , but the equipment is all covered in plastic and not one instrument on the tray and all we see of the other person in the picture is a pair of jeans, a white coat and sneakers that look just like Gabbys. Sorry -- but this is all really odd.

I have never been a Gabby fan, but I am actually worried about her. Nothing she has said or done since Rio adds up and I'm just wondering what is going on.

Right but all that has nothing to do with how Kittia is handling it. If Kittia has an issue with Gabby/Christian she certainly hasn't shared that info to anyone who's talking about it on GGMB or whatever that's called nowadays (I don't read those boards and don't care because they're mostly speculation).

That said it doesn't take a big leap to come to that conclusion, but that's all it is, a conclusion/question many people came to on their own. I don't think there's a lot behind it. It's just speculation or drama people want to believe, there's no confirmation of it. Time will tell if there's anything behind it. My guess is no.

Leaving Rio was odd and like I said, not sure what was going in there but almost definitely doesn't seem to have been according to plan. The rest of the stuff is not odd and I am more concerned about people who are reading a conspiracy theory into the dentist picture than I am about Gabby. There's really no rational basis for that. My only concern for Gabby is that she can find a fulfilling life outside of gymnastics and that she is happy. I don't think the issues she is going through is anything beyond normal early 20s turmoil/depression, if that's what you mean. There's no conspiracy. This is very normal for someone her age. Add the strain of Olympic gymnastics and particularly the issues Gabby has dealt with her whole life (seriously, she hasn't had an easy lot in life and she is not responsible for all of it) and it's not surprising that she's had a hard time lately.

I am actually not so sure about that. There is lots of talk about Kittia being unhappy about Gabby and Christian's relationship, calling in "inappropriate" and Kittia is clearly angry about being kicked to the curb after getting Gabby into shape for the Olympics. But beyond any of the Buckeye drama, there really does seem to be something odd going on with Gabby these days. Leaving Rio early saying she had to be in school in Ohio, but she is not enrolled in school there or anywhere else; skipping the MTV awards with vague and contradictory reasons -- bad reaction to pain killers, infection from a previous mouth injury, picture of Gabby in bed in a hotel room -- what mouth injury? What hospital? Then having a cyst removed from a bone in her mouth ? and that frankly odd picture of her in a dentist's chair , but the equipment is all covered in plastic and not one instrument on the tray and all we see of the other person in the picture is a pair of jeans, a white coat and sneakers that look just like Gabbys. Sorry -- but this is all really odd.

I have never been a Gabby fan, but I am actually worried about her. Nothing she has said or done since Rio adds up and I'm just wondering what is going on.

You need to stop. I don't buy that you are "worried" about her any more than it gives you something to gossip about. Repeating some "lots of talk" innuendo about a coach/athlete relationship is beyond the pale, and not what this site is about (at least I thought). Is this seriously what this site has become?!

I totally agree with this @wandrewsjr. I don't think that you are actually concerned, but more that you have taken every opportunity to gossip and bash gabby. Also, the dentist chair was her getting her wisdom teeth removed (not really a conspiracy theory, she wrote it on her twitter), unrelated to the mouth infection.

Admin note - I think we all know that the CB is not a gossip board, and that we do not play in to the "worried" thing here in the way that other gym gossip boards do. Lets not go down that path please, lets be the great community that we enjoy being. Lets support the gymnasts and try to steer away from the crazy.

Always go back to the fact that lots of kids read our threads, this is not a private members only board where we can spew out our deepest thoughts. We do have to think about what we say here.

We all know the places to go if we want to dish the dirt, or read the dirt. Not sure that this is what we want the CB to become.

Last edited:
Those two are a scream. Anyone who has not seen the videos of them squirming through Aly's routines especially bars) needs to watch them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back