Aly Raisman's Club Tweet?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I feel bad for all the rough things these girls go through with the media!!

Although, a friend who gets Aly's texts sent to her phone as soon as she posts them says that she did indeed get that text on her phone.

Either way, I'd say she handled it as well as an 18 year old girl could.

I read that article too! I feel bad for her, since that must have been really embarrassing. I wonder what her parents thought?? But she's 18, so she's allowed to drink in London right? I wonder who she was trying to message... I was thinking maybe another one of the fierce five... but none of them are old enough to drink or go clubbing...

But like GymSurvivor said, either way I think she handled the situation very, very well!

Definitely looks faked, for the reasons they pointed out. But you never know. If she were to go clubbing with the guys, I'd be completely behind her! What normal 18 year old wouldn't do that? And hi, she just won 3 medals. Girl deserves to celebrate!

~Katy

I don't see the issue either way. Even in the US girls can go to clubs at 18, they just can't drink (well, not supposed to anyway). If she's gonna get slammed either way, she might as well have had the fun to go with it.

Presumably, the concern is over the "we" part of it, assuming that her women's teammates were with her. They're all underage.

Either way, it's a bit ridiculous, as you just achieved the goal you spent years training for - go out and let off a little steam.

I hope she has gone clubbing and gotten some sleep. This team has done more press than I ever remember seeing any gymnastic team ever do. After competing and doing all of this media they deserve all of the fun they can have. They were even "touring London" as a team with the Today show cameras . If fun means clubbing and a few beers, go for it. I wonder if they have had a chance to spend any time with their familys at all.

This team as been so together every time we see them they have been wearing the same outfits. It was nice to see an interview with Aly and Gabby today where Aly was wearing a nice red shirt that did not match Gabby and did not have USA on it. I wonder if they miss wearing real clothes instead of matching olympic outfits.

It would be foolish for some people to think underage girls cannot get into bars and drink in the US. It happens a lot, in fact a lot of the bar in Oceanside got their licenses pulled for serving underage marines.

It's just as foolish to think underage college students aren't drinking at college parties and friend's houses. Same goes for high schoolers.

And...who cares.

It would be foolish for some people to think underage girls cannot get into bars and drink in the US.
True, but tweeting that it's happening is also foolish (if the tweet is real, and if the tweet was implying her teammates were joining). Not a big deal to me, but some hoopla in the press is to be expected if you tweet something like that.

True, but tweeting that it's happening is also foolish (if the tweet is real, and if the tweet was implying her teammates were joining). Not a big deal to me, but some hoopla in the press is to be expected if you tweet something like that.

It's a non- issue though, in the uk there's no law to stop her. The British 18 year old gymnasts have been out clubbing and drinking most nights (and tweeting about it), and the only press comments are along the lines of how good they look dressed up for a night out...

the Olympic village is known for partying and...I'm withhold what I could say and I hope everyone does too because I don't think it needs to be stated on this forum.

They are on the radio ads enough as it is.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back