Am i ready for level 6 ?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymgirly1

I have been in gymnastics for a long time an they putme in level 4 i mean i am not really complaning but i am kinda i guess?But my point is I can do front tukes an round off bhs bhs bhs on an on you know ive done that vault a thousand times !an got 1st place on it at a small meet at my gym And i am strong enoghe to do the skills just dont know how an they have a year to traine me up .

THE POINT IS should I ask to move up or to be evalueated or would that be rude or back talking or ?idk I really think i am ready more than ready !what would you think if you were mt coach ?:(:confused::confused::confused::confused:

:vault:

Ask them for what skils you need to be in level 6 and if you think you have them all what could it hurt to ask to be moved up? If they don't move you up, ask them what you are missing and work on them till you have them. I don't think that would be rude.

Well, like i said on your other post, there is probably a reason why they put you in level 4. You probably need to work on your form...it isn't being able to DO the skill, it has to look nice too. I think the hardest thing to get good in level 6 is the clear-hip to 3/4. But ask your coach what you need to work on, i guess

I have been in gymnastics for a long time an they putme in level 4 i mean i am not really complaning but i am kinda i guess?But my point is I can do front tukes an round off bhs bhs bhs on an on you know ive done that vault a thousand times !an got 1st place on it at a small meet at my gym And i am strong enoghe to do the skills just dont know how an they have a year to traine me up .

THE POINT IS should I ask to move up or to be evalueated or would that be rude or back talking or ?idk I really think i am ready more than ready !what would you think if you were mt coach ?:(:confused::confused::confused::confused:

:vault:
talk to your coaches and parents about this. see if there is something they are looking for that your not giving. Voicing concern is not rude unless you do it ini a rude way. Just a simple "Hey Coach can I talk to you in private. I was just wondering I really think I have the skills to move up a level and well I just wanted to know why I'm still a L4. Is it possible for me to try L5 this season?"

Well, like i said on your other post, there is probably a reason why they put you in level 4. You probably need to work on your form...it isn't being able to DO the skill, it has to look nice too. I think the hardest thing to get good in level 6 is the clear-hip to 3/4. But ask your coach what you need to work on, i guess

I agree but if she is level 4 right now she has to do L5 for at least one meet and get the mobility score before she can go to L6 too.

Well, you DO need a back tuck. And beam skills. And bars skills.

For my level 4 girls to move to 6, first they're going to have to do 5. They're going to need to do 5 well ('well' being a word that means 'their major skills on which other skills build will be done with technical excellence'). They will need to get the USAG mobility score from 5 to 6. AND they will need to show me the major level 6 skills to my satisfaction.

Your coach (and gym) will have their own way of doing things. USAG insists on mobility scores, which make sense anyway. Many gyms require a higher score, some require a season of 4 before a season of 5, some have additional skill requirements. Talk to your coaches & be ready to ask what you need to work on.

Gymgirly1, I know you need to vent but you need to talk to your coaches. Keep asking the same question on the Internet isn't going to get you the ultimate answer that you want. You don't have to convince us. It's the coaches you have to convince. If you are not comfortable with that, have your parents go with you (or on behalf of you). (BTW, do your parents know you're troubled by the current situation?)

I made them aware yesterday they will talk to The coaches .I think I posted this to vent :| sorry .But I will not ask this agine beacuse everyone says talk to your coaches so it did give me something to work with :) jk .But thank you :)

I made them aware yesterday they will talk to The coaches .I think I posted this to vent :| sorry .But I will not ask this agine beacuse everyone says talk to your coaches so it did give me something to work with :) jk .But thank you :)

Feel free to VENT away. That is part of what this board is for. Where elses can you go to vent thoses issues and have a group of gymnast, coaches and gym parents know exactly what your going through and give you advice that has some meaning to it.

Listen to the advice and see what makes sense for you then follow through. Usually at the gymnast level if your having issues your parents and coaches are your first place to go and talk. They don't know your upset or need to talk if you don't let them know. Last time I checked none of my DD's coaches could read minds and although it may seem we can no parent I know can read minds. Don't assume we should know it already.

U need to do lv 5 first and then u need to have certain skills. Vault- good front on real table, beam- back walkover and good handstand dismount, bars- kip. clear hip, fly away, floor- backwards extention roll, rhbhs bk tk. U need to train at least 12 hrs a week and bbe strong

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back