Am I the only one?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LindyHopper

Proud Parent
Who has an issue with this graphic? This is only the 3rd Olympics with the open-ended scoring system.
13995536_10154926932065329_980416299878081389_o.jpg

BTW, not denying that it is factual and true. I happen to think it's cool. But it just feels like there is something off about it.

Yes, we discussed this in another thread. They should only making the comparison with post 2004 scores. But to the average Olympics watcher who does not know this sport that might not seem as mpressive as it actually is.

The fact that the years are off aside, it is still impressive.

The difference between 2 and 3rd was barely over a tenth. It's impressive.

The fact that the years are off aside, it is still impressive.

The difference between 2 and 3rd was barely over a tenth. It's impressive.
I think you meant between 3rd and 4th.

The difference between 2nd and 3rd was over 1.4, also very impressive, making the difference from Gold to Bronze over 3.5 points. I would be interested to see the stats on that spread as well. Really, both Simone AND Aly blew their competition away. What was close was the difference from 3rd to 4th...about a tenth- I couldn't help but feel bad for the gymnast from China who was so close...

I think you meant between 3rd and 4th.mn away. What was close was the difference from 3rd to 4th...about a tenth- I couldn't help but feel bad for the gymnast from China who was so close...

Yes that was it

I think you meant between 3rd and 4th.

The difference between 2nd and 3rd was over 1.4, also very impressive, making the difference from Gold to Bronze over 3.5 points. I would be interested to see the stats on that spread as well. Really, both Simone AND Aly blew their competition away. What was close was the difference from 3rd to 4th...about a tenth- I couldn't help but feel bad for the gymnast from China who was so close...
Simone blew Aly away, Aly blew everyone else away. USA!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back