WAG Amazing Gymnix report!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Canadian_gym_mom

Proud Parent
What a LONG 5 days! And here is a long thread to go with.

I will start by saying that my daughter is a rock star. Oh yes. Not because of her meet results score-wise or standings-wise, but because of the incredible way she competed, and the incredible ways she was a teammate and fellow competitor.

On Thursday she had an AMAZING training session. Hit everything and was confident and sure. She was feeling amazing going into the competition on Saturday.

She started on vault. She has not been 100% and it's something I haven't really shared publicly on CB. Anyway just so you know, in Quebec they use Gymnova equipment and my dd said that she would rather vault off a boulder than the Gymnova beat board. So she only did 2 warm up vaults, competed and ended up 16th out of 21. But she did it, and this is more than last year.

So then we move on to bars. Awesome bars. Placed 7th. She was in a tough flight. There were 4 seperate sessions in her age and level, and if she had have drawn 2 of the others she would have been either 3rd or 4th (I used this as perspective for her because she was disappointed with herself).

On to beam! Everything was going great, she was having fun chatting with her rotation girls (all from the same gym) and not nervous at all. Warms up beam great, we noticed she did 2 different press handstand mounts, like she came down 2 different ways. But it all looked great. Starts competing.... gets 1/2 way up to her handstand, stops and then goes down. She got as high as that plank move the men sometimes do. She didn't fall, just returned to the beam. So that's a required element and she loses .5 right there. But then this is one of my favourite parts of the competition. She NAILS the rest of her routine.

To me, this shows a strength of character that even I didn't know she had. To KNOW you screwed up the very first element, and pull yourself together and do amazing, well this had me in tears. One of the moms thought I was upset about what she did and I had to explain how proud she made me to do that. Even missing that skill she placed 6th on Beam! Again, she would have medalled in all of the other flights.

Last but not least Floor. The least stressful event for me as a mom. For some reason in warm up she couldn't get her pass of round off whip back hand spring X2 back tuck to go. And sure enough, it was her first pass.. she got "stuck" after the whip but SOMEHOW managed to do all the elements, just SUPER slow and all in one spot almost. So again, first pass, messed up, and finished that routine AMAZINGLY! It cost her though and she ended up in 16th.

But the way she composed herself, the way she insisted we spend every day at the venue whenever any of her teammates were competing (EVEN FOR THE 7:00 am start times!) just made me so proud of her!

AND I got to meet a fellow CB mom (only briefly though, but she is SO nice and not a CGM at all!) I wish we could have gone for a coffee or something, but maybe next year! I did not, however, get to meet Madame Bogwoppit. :( It was the first opportunity that dd had to go swimming because of when she competed so I let her hang and be crazy with her friends.

Next year Bog! Although after I posted about yelling out "Bogwoppit" in the venue to see if she would answer, I told my dd and she actually did say it a few times. She couldn't remember how to say it so it was hilarious to hear her say.."wogmoppit", "groglocket"....etc.

So if you made it this far, you get a gold medal! :D

Congratulations! You have every reason to be proud of your DD both in competition and out. She learned some great lessons and will never ever forget this time with you.

I was there looking for you. I met up with Margg and hand my cell phone at the ready for your text. Maybe next year eh? But I am sure the swimming was a good thing for dd, blowing of comp steam is always good.

Your DD did fabulously, it is always interesting to look at the other groups to see how they would have placed. As to that Gymnova board, I hear you, we called it the rock. Even Dunno is not a fan of it. When they introduced it a few years back gyms were not happy at all. Very hard on the ankles and knees.

I was there looking for you. I met up with Margg and hand my cell phone at the ready for your text. Maybe next year eh? But I am sure the swimming was a good thing for dd, blowing of comp steam is always good.

Your DD did fabulously, it is always interesting to look at the other groups to see how they would have placed. As to that Gymnova board, I hear you, we called it the rock. Even Dunno is not a fan of it. When they introduced it a few years back gyms were not happy at all. Very hard on the ankles and knees.

well, doesn't everyone know that "gymnovaboard" is French for cement?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back