American Cup(spoiler alert!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Optionals United

Moderator/Gymnast
Coach
Gymnast
DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW WHO WINS :D
Just have to say I am so happy that Wieber won. I love her. I think that she had an over all great performance for one of her first meets back. She is very clean,and poised. Mustifina had a great day too. THe only thing I would have to say is I think she was way over scored on vault. Her form was really bad and her landing wasnt great, compared to Wieber who had great form and a small hop on the landing. And they only had a 3 tenth difference. Wiebers upgrades on bars are really good and Mustifinas bars were very pretty. I think the best perofrmer of the day was Ali though. She was the most consistent and even though she doesnt have the highest difficulty she did really well.One complaint I have is there was a lot of falling going on, mainly on the mens vaults.

Also Im super happy that John Horton one thought he had a really good day even though he wasnt at his best.

I came in for the last rotation only, since I was at practice...of course...but I thought Mustafina's and Wieber's floor routines were good, excepting Mustafina's fall. At least she can stay with the beat...unlike Raisman. It's such a shame because I LOVE Raisman's epic first tumbling pass...but her choreo just makes me gag. It's like she can't hear the music. But her tumbling is so good...I'm torn.

I didn't get to see Bross or Sacramone. How did they do?

They didnt compete. Only 8 gymnasts competed. Wieber,Raisman,Mustifina,Jessica Lopez,Lauren Mitchell,Quishuang Huang,Arielle Kaselin and one other person I forget. I t was the top people from this years worlds for invited and you could accept and decline and they just kept going down the list. Bross declined and Sacramone didnt compete all around. That was the contriversy over Wieber,because she isnt even 16 yet, and she didnt compete at worlds.

Ohhh I was wondering where they were too! And I agree that it seemed a little sloppy. Lots of falls off bars and some off beam, lots of out of bounds on floor and not sticking vaults. And what also bugs me about elite gymnastics is that if you mess up once, you can almost be out the running for placing. The competition is sooo close these days that one little error or out of bonds will hurt you. It seems like so much pressure on the girls! But they are amazing and I love watching it :) And I have it recorded so I can watch it again another day! :)

I was there! =D It's was so wonderful to be there in person. In person you just get such a connected feeling with the crowd and the competitors. Have to say it's one of those days that I will be remembering for a very long time. I took a lot of photos, some of everyone, though mostly American competitors and the women, as from where I was, getting interesting shots of the men just wasn't working out. They are visible to anyone with a Facebook account here if you want to peruse them: Login | Facebook Not pro-quality, but still. And just ignore the one's with my silly face.

I will be re-watching online once it's up though. More commentary, explanations of some scoring things I was wondering about (though some deductions were actually revealed in the photos I took =O ), and better angles for some of the events by watching the broadcast.

I came in for the last rotation only, since I was at practice...of course...but I thought Mustafina's and Wieber's floor routines were good, excepting Mustafina's fall. At least she can stay with the beat...unlike Raisman. It's such a shame because I LOVE Raisman's epic first tumbling pass...but her choreo just makes me gag. It's like she can't hear the music. But her tumbling is so good...I'm torn.

I didn't get to see Bross or Sacramone. How did they do?

if you were there...but maybe you caught it on TV...you would know that bross and asac did not compete. [rolls eyes sarcastically] :)

and leave Aly alone. she's on the national team and represents our country with maturity and dignity. she is very humble and loves gymnastics. now you can "gag" in envy...:)

bross did NOT decline. and the controversy had nothing to do with weiber's age. don't post stuff that is not true.

ohh sorry Dunno! That is what I heard during the coverage that Bross declined the invitation to compete because she didnt want to do it or something along those lines. Sorry if that is incorrect. Also they said Wiebers age had a little to do with why Aliya was upsaet but not the whole reason. Sorry those were the things I heard during the broadcasts and off of gymnasticscoaching. Sorry if its incorrect.:)

Why didn't Rebecca Bross compete. Man, did you see Mustifina face after the last rotation? Her coach told her to play the floor routine safe, but she went for it. Both her and Wieber are great gymnast and I think we will see them in the 2012 olympics. I felt bad when the reporter said that Raisman only had on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best chance, only a 5. Wieber reminds me a lot of Nastia for some reason with her demeanor. I would like to know why Bross wasn't there though.

becca is recovering from an ankle surgery. she'll be ready by championships.:)

I LOVE Raisman's epic first tumbling pass...but her choreo just makes me gag. It's like she can't hear the music. But her tumbling is so good...I'm torn.

Just had to throw in, some of us who can't hear our floor music can still have decent choreo!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back