American Cup!!!!

• Thread starter gymnasticsbabie
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

YAY, I'm so excited to watch the American Cup!! I hardly ever see gymnastics on TV! I'v already warned my entire family not to bug me from 1:00 - 3:00 today when it's on. lol
...and nope i'm not in it...haha...i wish though XD

who are you "rooting" for??
I'm rooting for shawn johnson and Nastia Liukin, and any Canadian gymnasts that are competing there of course.
Does anyone know what Canadian gymnasts will be there?

for the girls Alyssa Brown is there. :)

For anyone interested...before the TV coverage is on in the US there are live quick hits offered on http://www.intlgymnast.com :)

I think I`m rooting for Nastia and Shayla most - and I really hope our Germany Joeline Möbius will have a good competition. She can not keep up with the US gymnasts, but I hope she can hit her routines. :)

Had the opportunity to go but passed this time, my DD just turned 7 and I was afraid she wouldn't sit still for it. A lot of the Level 5 girls went and some other L4's. My daughter is at practice now with the small group that didn't go, LOL. I will record it for her to watch later.

Had the opportunity to go but passed this time, my DD just turned 7 and I was afraid she wouldn't sit still for it. A lot of the Level 5 girls went and some other L4's. My daughter is at practice now with the small group that didn't go, LOL. I will record it for her to watch later.

That's too bad you couldn't go, But maybe next time!
I have never been to a big gymnastics competition before and I'm so excited because my coach, a friend I do gym with, and I are going to the Ontario Winter Games next weekend. We're staying in a hotel and everything! I'm super excited and can't wait!!

...yay Nastia won, and shawn got 2nd!
Paul Hamm won the men's! XD

I MISSED IT! I'M SO MAD!!!!!!!!! I turned it on in time to see Nastia's interview so I knew she won but I didn't get to see any of the gymnastics!!!!! UGH! Please post youtube videos! It would make me very happy! lol

I MISSED IT! I'M SO MAD!!!!!!!!! I turned it on in time to see Nastia's interview so I knew she won but I didn't get to see any of the gymnastics!!!!! UGH! Please post youtube videos! It would make me very happy! lol

I feel your pain! lol
I hate is when i miss gymnastics on TV...hopefully it will be on youtube soon!
Nastia won by like 0.3 or something crazy like that! It was intense haha:D

I was actually watching the latest AT&T blue room thing..and that's how i found out..I love those things lol

OMG it was the experience of a lifetime!!!!!!! it was my first international meet that i've ever been to. i got to sit in one of the suite boxes in madison square garden and it was SO AMAZING. i highly recommend going/buying tickets for an international meet like that because it was one of the best experiences i've ever had. and its really inspiring. we had these really annoying kids sharing the box with us (i only was in there because my mom got it through her work, other wise there would be no way we could afford it) and they didn't even do gymnastics!! and they didn't even watch the meet!!! it was such an everyday type of event for them, but for me it was AWESOME! so anyways...
i was rooting for nastia and shayla (and nastia won!) and the girl from Denver Univerisity, jessica lopez. they all did amazing

so right before shawn vaulted (i saw her warming up the 21/2 fine and i was like "oh great shes totally going to win...) as she was running down the run way i was like "and disaster strikes" and i meant like she's going to get a huge score and its going to be a disaster, NOT that she was going to fall... and then she fell!! i was like o.m.g. i just told the future it was so weird. haha just thought i'd share lol

It's so cool you got to go to that. The only elite meet I've been to was the Nationals( they were 1/2 hour away) in 2003, I think anyway (Courtney Kupets won!) It was great-I remember watching Holly Vise intently; she was my then-favorite gymnast. And my dad cheering up the whazoo for Tasha Schwikert (sp?). I left for gymnastics camp the great day and was so motivated.

OMG it was the experience of a lifetime!!!!!!! it was my first international meet that i've ever been to. i got to sit in one of the suite boxes in madison square garden and it was SO AMAZING. i highly recommend going/buying tickets for an international meet like that because it was one of the best experiences i've ever had. and its really inspiring. we had these really annoying kids sharing the box with us (i only was in there because my mom got it through her work, other wise there would be no way we could afford it) and they didn't even do gymnastics!! and they didn't even watch the meet!!! it was such an everyday type of event for them, but for me it was AWESOME! so anyways...
i was rooting for nastia and shayla (and nastia won!) and the girl from Denver Univerisity, jessica lopez. they all did amazing

so right before shawn vaulted (i saw her warming up the 21/2 fine and i was like "oh great shes totally going to win...) as she was running down the run way i was like "and disaster strikes" and i meant like she's going to get a huge score and its going to be a disaster, NOT that she was going to fall... and then she fell!! i was like o.m.g. i just told the future it was so weird. haha just thought i'd share lol

That's so awesome you got to go!!!!! OMG I'm so Jelous!!! I so wish I could have gone...sounds like an amazing experience!

A bunch of people from my gym went to the 2006 Visa Championships since they were in MN, and I had never been to a meet other than my own, and I was surprised to find out how much more nerve wracking it is to watch these people in person.

The American Cup was so great, I'm glad Nastia won. Shawn was looking too perfect for a while. My secret is Tivo. My dad hates commercials, so we have had one for a long time, and I never miss gymnastics on tv. I'll try to give you guys a heads up if I ever see something scheduled.

Boo, I wanted Shawn to win! But she did win everything she entered last year, so I think it was a good thing she lost one. May motivate her to work harder on that vault.

I'm so excited, I get to go the the Olympic Trials in June. gymnasticsbabie, I'm glad to hear going to a live meet is all that it's cracked up to be! I seriously can't wait! :D

Boo, I wanted Shawn to win! But she did win everything she entered last year, so I think it was a good thing she lost one. May motivate her to work harder on that vault.

I'm so excited, I get to go the the Olympic Trials in June. gymnasticsbabie, I'm glad to hear going to a live meet is all that it's cracked up to be! I seriously can't wait! :D

That's awesome!! Have fun! and tell us how it goes! I will definitely be working my schedule around the Olympic trials (on TV) lol

and 2 more days till I go watch my first big competition with high level athletes! I can't wait! (Ontario Winter Games)
I seriously hope i get to see an international or even national competition like American Cup or Olympic Trials sometime in my life!
I should add it to my things to do before i die list...not that i actually have one of those or anything!
Sorry im like rambling on, but it's a snowday and I'm hyper...
I think im gonna make one of those lists now :D aha

Oh, this is absolutely awesome!! :) I know how you felt....I felt exactly the same going to the first live competition! :) Everything is just so amazing, exciting and awesome! :D
I`m glad our German girl Joeline did so well at the American Cup. She was sent for experience - and ending up right after the US girls was awesome for her. Of course it helped loads, that she didn`t have huge mistakes. Others gave it away a little with the mistakes they had....but anyway - it should give her confidence for this year. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back