Parents An Update on my Two Monkeys

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmonkeymomma

Proud Parent
Just so I don't hijack anyone else's posts,lol, I wanted to fill anyone who's interested, in one what my two have been up to. I have been M.I.A. from this board for a few weeks due to busy work-travel schedule (2 weeks to Denmark between Dec 6-Jan 15)!!! I have yet to upload Little Monkeys videos from her last THREE meets!!

OK, big DD first. Short version. Kelsey has decided that she will take a break in Feb and in March she will join our gym's Joga team. Jersey optional gymnastics association They only practice 2 days a week 3 hrs, of course one of their days is not one of the USAG days so I will be commuting 6 days/wk instead of 5! Anyway, i am very happy with her decision. She asked to be scratched from the upcoming meet next week, which happens to directly conflict with Little Monkey's states so we are waiting to hear back from HC. Kelsey will not be eligible to compete Joga until next season since she has already competed USAG this season (one of the rules).

LM - is very excited about her Level 6 States - she has Jan 31st 11:50 am report time - of course alone, but has been promised her favorite coach. I am a bit nervous that her last meet was Dec 6th but she says "momma that just means I have more time to practice". According to the 9 year old, she is "doing much better". We shall see, lol. She and the L4 & 5 girls who are her age have planned their week at IGC for July and that's all they talk about these days! We are also waiting to find out if the USAG team will be doing USAIGC this spring.

Great news for both of them. So glad that you found JOGA for her. My oldesy is so much happier this year in her lower stress, less hours programme. She is also happier with less pressure to do skills that she doesn't want to do. I am just happy that she stays active, is happy in the gym and still feels like she is having fun with her friends.

Good luck to LM for her State meet, I love that she will get her fav coach. I love her attitude as well/ Our girls always have big gaps between meets, they usually improve with the extra time in the gym plus with some uptraining it staves off the meet boredom blahs!

She is also happier with less pressure to do skills that she doesn't want to do.
Our girls always have big gaps between meets, they usually improve with the extra time in the gym plus with some uptraining it staves off the meet boredom blahs!

Exactly about the hard skills. The Program Director told DD she will have to compete AA in order to qualify for Joga states but she doesn't have to do the skills she dislikes or fears.

LM has been getting used to her grips, although she only uses them to train giants. Coach had her doing them the other day on the low bar (she is small enough to be able to) with a spot, and she also "rang the gong" for getting her BT off beam!

Thanks for the update! Glad they are both doing well. I think JOGA is a great decision for your oldest. I hope by the time my gymmie is older we have a prep-opt program around here. I hear it is getting started slowly. It is either USAG or nothing here. We are getting competitive rec started (our gym now has L1-4 competitive rec and they do a few meets), so maybe someday we will have something else.

Lots of good luck to LM for States!! And way to go on those big skills. :) Keep us posted after States!!

Sounds like both are doing well! Hope your older DD likes the JOGA program--nice that they have that option!

Sounds like a great solution to me. Glad it is working out.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back