and Gymnasts: Men's FX Corry

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

Gouldy

Hey all!

I want to improve my routine and the way its put together, make it look like more than just a series of tumbles.

Can anyone tell me where I can find some interesting, good looking floor routines? Youtube, if possible.

Or, even better

I've included my routine, what can I do to connect the skills, and make it look better?

Here it is:
--------
|A.....B|
|........ |
|C.....D|
--------

A to D - Round off, back handspring, tucked salto bwd, salto fwd to front support.
*shimmy and shake back to feet*
D to A - 3/2 salto fwd to roll, headspring, fall to prone (this could be fancier).
A - Double leg circle
*shimmy and shake back to feet*
A to B - tucked salto fwd, 1/2 out.
*shimmy and shake back to the diagonal*
A to D - Round off, back handspring, stretched salto bwd.
Dismount.

Any ideas? I'm more'n happy to chop and change the routine

Thanks for your time!

Gouldy

Check youtube for some 70s or 80s routines. There was loads more time for the little stuff back then, maybe you can nick some ideas off there.

Thanks for the idea; after a bit of trauling, I stole some stuff from Thomas, Kormann & Menichelli, but none of it worked out well.

here's a video of my routine:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_3QsRTivic

[youtube]b_3QsRTivic[/youtube]

Can anyone please suggest what I can do, to:
1) go from my 2nd diagonal to my side pass?
2) my side pass to my 3rd diagonal?
3) my double leg circles to stand?

Thanks again,

Gouldy

I like the first pass with the punch front to prone support. But I think it would look better if you did a back layout with a full twist and then the punch front. How does your full look?

I would add a corner transition after the first pass before the second pass. Do a butterfly kick or something that you like and looks cool. After the single double leg circle, do a split into a press handstand.

You are missing an element group, and that is the Arabian element group. But I would not do that diagonally, I would do that as a side pass.

Try putting all of that in and then let me know what's going on.

I wonder if round off 1/2 turn to dive roll would suffice till you develop an arabian or side flip. A butterly kick or full would be a nice transition and you might as well throw a press in there somewhere. Circle to split, press out would be good.

Wow! Fantastic responses!

Because this is a master's competition; I don't need to have a skill from each element group - they only require 6 elements, so I can cheat a little in that way.

My fulls are inconsistant, so i'd prefer not to put them in.

Press? You got it!

I really like the idea of the butterfly - do you think it would be better placed after the fwd salto ½ t, to get me to the corner for my dismount?

Again, thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it.

If you don't feel comfortable with your full, then don't worry about it for now. Just be sure to work it in practice in order to improve your routine for the future.

I think the butterfly would work in either spot. So...you can pick!

Another way to get out of your side pass could maybe be a back extension roll. maybe with a half or full or double turn in handstand. or do back extension, half turn to forward roll, stop in straddle, turn to splits, press to handstand...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back