Parents And she's out...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

xrachx

Coach
Proud Parent
I honestly don't know who's more disappointed, me or DD. Just back from hospital, she dislocated her finger in PE at school and it turns out she's broken one of the bones too.

Typically, she's due to be competing this weekend, one of the 2 major comps of the year, and she has been working her butt off to get ready for it too. The first words she said when I arrived at hospital were about gym :(

Luckily the Dr was pretty hopeful, said he reckoned she could be back in the gym this weekend, on a lightened training schedule though. Just have to see what the fracture clinic say tomorrow, but it's likely she'll be on conditioning only for 4-6 weeks.

Shes putting a brave face on it right now, but I know how upset she really is. Important lessen learned though, no PE lessons in the run up to big comps ever again lol

Thanks everyone. Keeping everything crossed for as good news as we can hope for after tomorrow's appt, but her HC has been fab and will come up with a plan while she's taped up.

Hopefully it means she'll just come back stronger for next year :)

Well, you have to also take into consideration the competition. DD got 5th AA at her last meet (first L5 meet). If she had been in another session with the same scores, she would've taken 1st AA!

L4 is definitely harder than L3, but you'll definitely see scores go up throughout the season. And, that vault, takes awhile to get the hang of. DDs season high vault score was 8.775, and that was at a high-scoring meet! Luckily, she figured it out this year and hit her 9+.

Pants, was she going to Sapphire?

Let's hope she mends quickly

No not at Sapphire, but Norfolk Voluntaries are this weekend :(
Also meant to have been doing an in house comp in Nov too, not quite so important, but still irritating that she's missing it too.

She's out for 8 weeks now, but her HC is coming up with a conditioning plan for her, and her head of PE is going to help her work on that during PE lessons at school too. Hopefully she'll be back and fighting fit in mid Nov, so she can start prepping for grades (she had all the skills needed before this happened, so living in hope she doesn't lose any or get injured again!).

She was incredibly lucky by all accounts, if the break was any higher in the bone, it would have meant surgery and upto 6 months out. Just keep reminding her of that when she starts to get stroppy about gym!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back