ankle injurie

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi everyone! i was at practice yesterday, and rite as it was almost over, after the "possibly dangerous" things were over like a bhs i fell on my ancle while exersizing nd i went to the doctor and its a sprain, something about my growth plates arent closed, idk, but he gave me an air cast and told me 2-6 weeks and to come back in a week... i have seen girls do gymnastics with casts on, so why a i an exeption????? my parents wont let me do it for six weeks, i want to quit, they dont even care about it to give it a chance, its their way or the highway. ugh! what do i do?!

Hey,

I'm so sorry you got injured, and it never seems to happen on the harder skills which is frustrating as well. A sprain usually does take that amount of time to heal so I understand the doctors views. I don't really agree with you not being able to go to the gym to just do conditinoing and stretching, but you can do that at home too.

I know how frustrating injuries can be, i've been through more than you would guess but just try and stay positive. Just try and make the best of it and rest it or it will take longer.

Good luck!

Gymbum maybe if you talk to your parents they will talk to the coaches and you will be able to go to the gym and do strength. I know it is hard being away from the gym for so long, but perhaps your coaches can assure your parents that you won't work on anything that will hurt your injury, while still letting you work out with your team. I know right now 6 weeks feels like forever, but it's not that long. If you work on your stretches, and conditioning at home, you can do it. Don't give up.

hi everyone! thankyou! i bent the rules a bit and although my ankle is still swollen and a bit sore i managed to convince my parents to let me go to gym today! after missing nearly two weeks!! so i am thrilled! but on the low beam doing tuck jumps i landed on the side of m left foot and the small bone on the outside side of my foot ( dose that make sence? ) hurt really bad! but i kept practicing because i dident want to seem like a drama queen! :)

hi everyone! thankyou! i bent the rules a bit and although my ankle is still swollen and a bit sore i managed to convince my parents to let me go to gym today! after missing nearly two weeks!! so i am thrilled! but on the low beam doing tuck jumps i landed on the side of m left foot and the small bone on the outside side of my foot ( dose that make sence? ) hurt really bad! but i kept practicing because i dident want to seem like a drama queen! :)
Just be easy on yourself so you don't hurt it more. We had 3 level 9's miss a meet because they went back doing too much too quick and made it worse. I am recovering from ankle injury and ice it lots!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back