WAG Ankle Injury

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LivGym23

Gymnast
My ankle was sprained originally. I kept practicing and walking on it. Over the next week it became swollen and now there is a red-brown bruise on my shin, not connected at the ankle. My whole leg and ankle are swollen. There also appears to be a lump on my ankle bone. I can walk on it which is why I don't think its fractured. Could it be though? I'm going to a podiatrist however would like gymnast input.
Thank you for any and all input.

Get it checked out. Yes, it could be fractured. Even if it is a sprain, you want to treat it properly.

My mom who is in her 70s broke her foot while on a shore excursion on a cruise and walked miles back to the ship. So, yes , you can walk on a broken bone. FWIW, it was swollen, blue/ black and lumpy. Please... go get it checked out.

My teammate thought her toe was bruised. When after 5 months it still hurt, went to the doctor. It was broken and probably much worse than when she had just gotten the injury.

Definitely get anything you feel might be serious checked out as soon as possible. Always

Always get things like this checked out! If something hurts consistently then that's your body's way of saying 'woah slow down there'.

My DD had what looked like a bad sprain over this past summer and it swelled up huge and was all black and blue. She could walk on it but her coaches suggested we take her to the doctor and she got x-rayed and it turned out she had chipped a bone she was in a boot for a month.
So things aren't always what they seem so you should get it checked out...just in case ;)

My DD had what looked like a bad sprain over this past summer and it swelled up huge and was all black and blue. She could walk on it but her coaches suggested we take her to the doctor and she got x-rayed and it turned out she had chipped a bone she was in a boot for a month.
So things aren't always what they seem so you should get it checked out...just in case ;)
Thank you so much!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back