Anon Anonymous Posting

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

200.gif

Welcome to the "Anonymous Posting" forum. In this forum you can post anonymously or public based on the check box below...

View attachment 8192

The the image above says...

Checked Box = Anonymous / Unchecked Box = Public
• Anonymous posts appear without the member's username.
• CB staff can still view the member's username if needed.
• Everyone in the discussion can chose to be "anonymous" or "public" per post.
• All anonymous posts must be approved by CB staff.
• Feel comfortable talking without any connections to your real identity.

Anonymous posting is only available in this forum...

View attachment 8193

This is your anonymous test thread... reply now and try it out!​

Try it in both "anonymous" and "public" mode.​

If "All anonymous posts must be approved by CB staff."
Then the fact that;
"CB staff can still view the member's username if needed." makes it not anonymous.
The Check box should say
[_] Post Anonymously (Kinda)

Great job reading!

When the posts are approved… they still show as anonymous. The only person that has the power to see who someone is… is me.

The only person that has the power to see who someone is… is me.

I would have to go through a bunch of steps to see who too… really not worth my time.

I honestly thought everything was pretty clearly stated.

Thanks! Next step is the anon Like Button!

That would be great… I don’t think I can make that happen though. The coder of this add-on has been asked for that feature though.

Can I suggest that the post anonymously box not be checked off be default? So many threads are now just anon post with anon reply after anon reply; some of those replies I doubt are trying to be anonymous, they're just not looking for the check box to uncheck. It makes for a very odd reading experience

Can I suggest that the post anonymously box not be checked off be default? So many threads are now just anon post with anon reply after anon reply; some of those replies I doubt are trying to be anonymous, they're just not looking for the check box to uncheck. It makes for a very odd reading experience
You're probably right that some didn't necessarily care about being anon, but on the other side, I could see people not checking the box, then being surprised/mad/embarassed that their post was not anonymous. I think default anon is safest.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back