Another fun but long meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

2gymmies

Coach
Proud Parent
I'm really starting to think that two dd's competing back to back is just too much for one mom! But it sure was fun even though I'm still exhausted today.

Little dd was first in the morning session and she was her typical happy go lucky self bouncing around the place! Started on bars and hit her routine - only two minor mistakes (archy cast out of her front hip circle and bent arms on her leg cut) and scored a 9.225 for first place. Went to beam and seemed really comfortable - just missing a couple small details and that leap and tuck jump just aren't quite high enough yet - scored a 9.15 for second place. Went to floor and did well but wobbled and put her hand down when she slid into her splits and had just a tiny bit of bent knees on her roundoff backhandspring - 9.05 for first place. And last vault, her best event - she has been first on vault the past two meets so she got to "anchor" the team and go last and she just flew! 9.6 for her personal best and first place and the highest score of the meet in any age and any level. I'm so proud of her and just laughing at her because she was just having a blast, clapping for her teammates and it was so darn cute! Her favorite part of the meet is when during awards she and her teammate are next to each other and can hold hands when they say "gymnasts salute" Second meet in a row for 37+ and first all around this time! So proud.

Bigger dd competed in the evening session and was more worried about cheering for her sister that being nervous which I love. This is her second level 8 meet and she said she came in feeling ready and comfortable and it really showed. She started on beam (which makes me nervous, but not her) - she hit only slight error on her switch leap straddle jump connection and then a little balance check on her full turn. 9.1 first place. Next to floor, a bit off in warm ups (said the floor was more bouncy than they were used to), but looked good for the meet - pretty double turn and stuck her front handspring, front layout, front tuck - 9.225 for first place. Next to vault where coach decided to stick with front handsprings again this meet, but she did a very nice front handspring and scored an 8.5 (out of a 9.0 start value) for second place. And last bars, her nemesis last year, but new found confidence has made her a strong bar worker. She hit her whole routine, including two giants this meet (only one last meet) and scored a 9.225 for second place. Overall, a 36.05 all around for first place! She was so proud of herself and of course we were too.

By the end of it all, we were gone for 12 hours and mom was exhausted! We came home with lots of medals, a team trophy, a new monkey pin, a new grip bag and no money. It was fun.

Thanks for letting me brag!

Congrats to both girls. Two on team is tough to manage especially if there is a big gap in the times just think though it could be worse my friend has 3 on team don't know how they manage it in all aspects. They have on at L6 one at L7 and one at L9. They never have the girls in the same session and if its a 3 day meet they almost always have to be there for each day. Talk about a weekend gone.

Congrats to your girls. Always makes the car ride home more fun when BOTH sisters have first place medals around their necks!:D

Wow, sounds like they both had fantastic meets! I can't even imagine having two competing, just having 1 competing and 2 more to drag along exhausts me. But I think it's wonderful that they both did so well. How exciting!

Wow, great job to both of you DDs!! Can't recall ever seeing an AA score of 37 at any of DD's meets!!!

Those are two very talented girls that you have! Congrats to both of them on a great meet and to you for surviving. I feel your pain as we spent 4 days at a travel meet this weekend!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back