Another Grip Question (grips may be too big)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

AlexsGymmyMom

Proud Parent
Since Alex has gotten her grips I have had the feeling that they were too big for her so today I measured her hand and looked up the size chart for the Hot Shot Double Buckle grips and it looks like she should be in a size 0 instead of a 1. Her hand measured 5 6/8" inches and this is the size chart on the website

Sizing Chart For Hot Shot Double Buckle Grips with Leather Cuffs

USGlove sizing is different from grip to grip. Please make sure you're ordering the correct size for your grip!
To order Hot Shot Double Buckle Grips, take a measurement, in inches, from the wrist to tip of the middle finger.

SizeMeasurement05 7/8"
16 1/8"
26 3/8"
36 3/4"

I don't want her wearing the wrong size and clearly her hand is even smaller than the size 0 grip. My question is how do I approach the coach with my concerns without them getting offended. Also, what are the dangers of wearing grips that are too big?

Take the grips to her next practice and ask one of the coaches to take a look at them on her. I don't think anyone will get offended. If they are a size too big then she'll have alot of extra leather between her hand and the bar and won't be able to grip the bar well or if they are way to big they'll fall off of her fingers.

I just got my gymmie a new pair of grips from Reisport(double buckle). She insisted I order the size 1s since she had tried on a pair of 1s that one of her teammates had. Based on their size chart, it looked like she could almost wear a 2. She insisted and I got the size 1 which fit great and if we had ordered just off the size chart on the web site, would have gotten a pair of grips that are too big. So, the charts and actual fit of the grip can be off too.

How long has she been wearing them? My DD had a pair of Reisports that stretched so much in just 6 months she needed a new pair. They broken in quickly, which she loved, but wore out quickly too. I don't think the coaches would be offended by you asking. Grips that are too big are a saftey risk. I asked DD's coaches, because I couldn't believe DD's could have stretched out & gotten too big so fast. But they did. I ended up getting her the Reisport Protec Elite which stretch less. They've been working well for her. Yeah, I'd get them checked by a coach. Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back