Another level 6 beam ?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmom14

Proud Parent
On the mount, when they go to stand up. What is the deduction if their straight leg drops below the side of the beam. I think it is suppose to be held straight out parallel to the beam, and not touch the beam, or drop below it. Is that correct? Do you know what I mean?

I know what you mean, but you don't stand up on one leg. You start in a v-sit, and before you stand up, you initially have one leg bent and the other in front, right? As you shift your weight over the foot on the beam to stand up, you place the free leg on the beam, bend that leg, and stand up using both legs.

Last edited:
Now I get it. But as she shifted her weight to the bent leg, she dropped the straight leg below and off to the side of the beam, then brought it to the top of the beam and stood up. Is that incorrect? I can show you her youtube video if this does not make sense.

Thanks!

There isn't a written deduction for that. I guess you could write an R for rhythm if causes a rhythm break or a T for text.

You can take a rhythm deduction for this IF the gymnast struggles a bit. If it's smooth and the legs just drops a bit, no deduction. If the kid drops her leg and pauses to regain balance, etc., I'd take up to .1 for rhythm. Hope this helps.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back