Another meet this weekend

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Two weekends in a row. (then about a month off). This is the meet where last year she fell off of the beam on her mount, flew under the beam (because she had a death grip on it) and banged her forearm on the supports. She had a nice big bruise for a couple weeks after that one. I was very proud of her that even though she was hurt, and clearly scared (she nursed her way through the routine after that) she got back up there and finished.
It blew her confidence for the rest of the meet though (just couldnt seem to get it together after that), and unfortunatly it was her second event (had already done vault).
So, my child who has a memory like an elephant said to me last night...Mommy, you do remember this is the meet I fell and got hurt at...right? She's afraid (already) that it's going to happen again. I've tried to tell her that she doesn't need to worry. That all she needs to do is focus on what she is doing. Her body knows what it is supposed to do...let it do it...don't get lost in your head. So my normaly unflappable little girl is nervous. Which makes me nervous...lol. Maybe once she sees it's being held in a different venue this year..she will mellow out..lol
Plus one of our other CB members DD is in the same level..same session. I hope we can meet this time. We were at the same meet a month ago..and even though we saw each others DDs..we didn't see each other..lol.

Anywho..please send the anit-nerves fairies my Beans..and the meet the other CB Momma fairies for me...lol

Deep breaths for both of you. We got lost on the way to the first meet (map gave us wrong directions because the gym recently moved) and we screeched in two minutes before warmup started. Let's just say we were both more than a little freaked out. We cranked up the music and took group deep breaths. It helped.

She is going to do great. If it is in a different location then hopefully she will forget about the whole thing once she is out there. Maybe show up a few minutes early so she has time to adjust, prepare for warmup, and realize that even though it has the same name it is really all brand new?

Will be thinking of you guys and sending good thoughts. Good Luck!

Good luck to your daughter! It's a different meet, and she's a different gymnast now. I hear you, though -- my DD had a hard time working out on the beam in her gym from which she fell for months afterward. I hope your DD takes her revenge for last year's rough go by doing a particularly good beam routine this year!

Good luck to her!! I bet that once she gets one event under her belt, the nerves will calm down. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Good luck to Kadee! Here's to her letting go of that fall last time she was there and rocking that beam like it's nobody's business ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back