Another Newbie to this board

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

nettyinpa

Hi there! :wave:

I kind of stumbled upon this board after doing a Google search for something related to gymnastic parent groups. I'm glad I found it! Let me introduce myself: My name is Lynette, I am mom to 2 great kids and we live in Northeastern PA. My son is 9 1/2, took gymnastics for one summer and that was enough for him. He now takes karate and has his orange belt. :cool: My daughter just turned 6 yesterday and is on the Level 4 team at our local gym. She is the youngest one on the team, most of the girls are 7-8 with a handful that are 6 (like maybe 3-4). She had a busy summer, goes to practice 3 days a week, 3 hours a day. Their fall season starts on September 6th, with only a week off in between. Then the meet season starts, though we don't know when the first one is yet.

I am sure I'll be posting here with questions and concerns as she progresses through the levels.

That's all for now!

Welcome to the CB Lynette! My daughter is also the youngest one on her L4 team. We were not expecting her to compete yet but word is the whole team is starting in September. We are right next door to you in NJ! Good luck this year!

Hi Lynette and welcome. We are in Virginia and my daughter is also the youngest on her Level 4 team. She is still 5 but turns 6 in time for our competitive season, which doesn't begin until December. It should be fun to compare notes on this first Level 4 year!

Meg

Hi all:)
I am new too and a level 4 mom as well;)
Last year my daughter was the youngest on the team. She got on when she was 6 and
turned 7 and competed as a 7 year old the entire year:)
Yesterday was her 8th birthday. She wasn't moved up to level 5 this summer because she didn't score high enough in the all round but she was moved into what they call Level 4 stars where they compete level 4 all year but work on level 5 and 6 skills all year as well..
Emily got her glide kip yesterday:) Yeah Emily:)
She is a fantastic tumbler has the best backhandsprings on her team right now and can do a RO backhandsprings till she runs out of mat:) 4 to 6 with a rebound in the end:)

Welcome to the CB Lynette! My daughter is also the youngest one on her L4 team. We were not expecting her to compete yet but word is the whole team is starting in September. We are right next door to you in NJ! Good luck this year!

Thanks! Are we in the same region then? I think we are. We'll have to keep track of each other's progress through the Level 4 year!

Lynette

Meg ~ good luck to your dd! Yes, we'll have to keep up with each other's meets and experiences! Feel free to e-mail anytime!

Lynette

Hey there netty, I am mom to 3 wonderful kids. & also have a "youngest" on the team:D my A will be 6 in sep - welcome and look forward to hearing about your little one - nic

Welcome! I guess I'll join this group of moms with the youngest DD on the L4 team. Mine is 6 and just moved up to team in July. She won't really compete till next yr as our season starts in Sept here in CA. Glad to have so many of us in the same boat to compare notes!

Glad your girl is doing well and oh/..
Welcome im Shaundra anyway
hope you have a great times
on all of these forums!

Just thought that I would throw out a WELCOME too. I am also in NJ and our gym has a few girls that train on our team that are from PA.

My dd is a Level 7 and she is 10 (will be 11 in Sept, so will compete as a 11yr old - Level 7s compete in the Fall in NJ.)

Although she is not the youngest Level 7, she is the smallest - Does that count? ;) Ha, ha, ha!

Good luck this season - dd's first meet is 9/23, not too far away!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back