Parents Another round of "Your kid might be a gymnast IF..."

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I tend to have luck there, especially since their jeans are stretchy :)
It's where my sister and I normally take OG (and YG when shopping for them both). My brother doesn't like big city driving and he was the one driving. He WANTED to be gone for 2 hours or less, so it really threw his plans for the day off that it took so long.

When she has a size 12 booty, and size 4 waist.....even underwear is an issue!:mad:

When the scrunchies are ranked according to how tight they are....seriously....and believe me, with my kid's hair, it actually matters. Ugh!

Eta: there is one company that has fantastoc leos....but horrible scrunchies in terms of their elastic. Guess who has inheroted all those. Right.

When she has a size 12 booty, and size 4 waist.....even underwear is an issue!:mad:

When the scrunchies are ranked according to how tight they are....seriously....and believe me, with my kid's hair, it actually matters. Ugh!

Eta: there is one company that has fantastoc leos....but horrible scrunchies in terms of their elastic. Guess who has inheroted all those. Right.
Certain scrunchies, we use pony tail holders under because they aren't tight enough.
My little sister used to have a size 0/1 waist and size 9/10 hips, so I understand the booty and waist issue. Lol, she wasn't a gymnast though.

When your DD tells you at the mall that she "can't hold it in any longer" and you realize that she means the urge to do some tumbling as opposed to going to the ladies.

When she changes into a leo the moment she gets home from school, even on days when she doesn't have gymnastics.

When the wall in your passage has a permanent brown line where she puts her feet when doing handstands.

We recently went to a “kid’s expo”. Basically, a bunch of booths with vendors selling their services. We come up to a Karate instructor. The instructor offers my daughter a free class and some swag if she can “keep up” with the boys in a push-up contest. They all knew they were in trouble as soon as she took of her sweatshirt.

when your kid manages to find a pull up bar when you are at a party and kicks all the other kids and adults butts in a pull up contest.

and clothes are a nightmare underwear is the worst thats why she lives in her leotard. She gets so mad when I make her put clothes on. Half the time she sleeps in her leo.

when you never, ever get nervous watching your DS play baseball and ALL of the other team moms around you have at some point commented about how nervous they get watching their DS play. You don't know nerves till you watch your kid compete on beam or bars.

Also, when you are in your mid-forties and you have a recurring dream of doing tumbling passes and you wake up and feel like it was the best dream ever! Seriously, I have several of these a year.

When she walks *everywhere* on her hands.

When you're in a train where there is a bar to hold on to so you have to keep on telling her "no pull ups" or "no leg lifts"

When you go to a park with lots of bars, you will NEVER get her out.

Also, when you are in your mid-forties and you have a recurring dream of doing tumbling passes and you wake up and feel like it was the best dream ever! Seriously, I have several of these a year.

I was a diver and still have diving dreams several times a year- and they are the best! :D

I'll also add to the thread- when DD hasn't worn regular clothes all summer- either pjs, a leo, or a bathing suit. No actual clothes.

When shopping, only doing cartwheels to get where you need to go. DD did that for a full year when she was 8, and we all just learned to accept it.

Reactions: SMH

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back