Parents Another Seattle Gyms Thread

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

allthetrees

Proud Parent
Hi all, I’m looking for info on gyms in the Seattle area. We are playing around with the possibility of a job/house change later this year, and gym will factor in. I’ve looked up some past threads but they don’t give enough details for me to feel confident - I’ve been following this board long enough to have significant anxiety about making the wrong choice!! - and it seems PMs are the way to go? If anyone is willing to message with me I would really appreciate it! Looking for competitive and safe L5+ training but not necessarily intense or elite. DD is really focused and willing to put in the work but my main concern is finding a positive environment/respectful coaches who care about the whole person and communicate well. TIA!

Can I ask what area of Seattle? I grew up just North of the city and live about an hour away now. When you say the Seattle area it encompasses a large area. If you would rather PM me that's fine.

Well there's Seattle Gymnastics Academy which have a few different locations. It may be something to look into. I have two nieces in a preschool class there and I know they have a competitive team, but not sure if they have a strong high levels team.

For those families whose athletes aspire to collegiate or more, they’ll want to consider Ascend (Auburn location), Cascade Elite, or Metropolitan.

Metropolitan is excellent. The owners coach there every day; not always the case at other gyms. Very nice people. They are also something like past Russian national team members so they know their stuff. During COVID they were quick to initiate Zoom workouts multiple days a week to keep their gymnasts engaged, active and having fun with teammates as much as possible. Metropolitan is one of those locations that tend to attract local area JO gymnasts who transfer is as they move up to higher levels. They regularly produce collegiate scholarship gymnasts (last year three or more) which is really hard without a supportive program that cares about the whole person.

Not every gym or coach is for everybody. What fits well for half the gymnasts or families often doesn’t work for another half, and you never really know until you try it out.

Seattle has many good gyms and coaches. It is also a big metro area, about two hours north to south and up to one hour east to west. So the gym you choose will depend to some degree on where you live, and maybe vice versa.

As you research options look at the various gyms’ Facebook and Instagram account, not just their web sites. Those I think give you a lens into their differences, and what their priorities are.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back