Parents Anxious for the first meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UnoMas

Proud Parent
The girls are about a month away from their first meet of the season. I am really anxious to get that first meet over with...older DD is doing prep opt so I have not the slightest clue on how she will score (it is so much easier when you know what the compulsory routines are supposed to look like). She is still struggling with RO BHS BT and so right now she is just doing the RO BHSBHS in her floor routine. Not sure how that will affect her score. I just hope she does well, and gains some confidence, and has fun. I'm worried that she will be disappointed in herself.

Younger DD is repeating L4. What a difference from last year! She is actually pretty ready this year I think. She is not going to be rocking L4 by any means but I am hoping for a few placements for her here and there...mainly anything other than last :rolleyes:. I think bars may be her best event which is funny considering the struggles she had last year with those skills. But I guess we will see...

Tiny DD is doing great in her little pre-team class. She is getting a lot stronger and she is really working hard. Her goal is "to get on team like the sisters". Her pre-team coach is AWESOME and they are working on such good foundation skills. So nice to see. We love our new gym! :)

So much to be excited (and nervous) about! I am enjoying all the meet reports and videos. Keep em coming...and good luck to anyone who is competing this weekend!

sounds like you have your hands full !

don't stress about prep-op. I didn't find the scoring really any easier , still form deductions etc. But... if they make a mistake or forget part of their routine they can wing it &as long as it flows & they don't leave out any required elements the judges won't even notice !

sounds like repeating level 4 will be a real confidence booster for your younger DD and a little mini preteam, not sure how you do it.

Awesome! I wondered when your girls would be starting up. Can't wait to see videos, especially of younger DD rocking level 4. :)

Hang in there - waiting is so hard! I'm ready to get this season going, too - but by state, I'm always ready for it to be over (hee hee). You are going to have some really busy weekends if both girls compete the same meets - if your luck is anything like mine, so will have the girls evenly spaced so it will "conveniently" take up the entire weekend! Best of luck and have a great season!

Awww. Its okay Momma. Im sure everything will flow along wonderfuly. Sounds like you have a new adventure ahead of you with the prep op to get a "grasp" of. And Im sure your middle DD will do awesome in her second season of L4. Shes already been there done that..so old hat to her. And so cute about the itty DD..thats a good goal to have. Maybe not for Mom's pocketbook though..lol

I am also anxious to get the first meet over with! Alex has her first prep op (X-Cel) meet on the 29th. I can't wait to see some video of your girls! Just relax!!! At least that is what I tell myself (even though it doesn't work!!)lol!!

It will be interesting to see the scoring for X-Cel. This is only the 2nd season that they have even had prep op here. I have no idea how it will go! So nervous for her but it will be sooooo nice to have some variety of music and routines!!

What music/style of routine does your oldest DD have? Alex's routine is a little bit more dramatic than some of her other teammates. Her music is Defying Gravity (from Wicked).

I feel you - the first meet of the season is always the most exciting and nerve wracking for me. Ours is this weekend.

Before we know it the season will be in full swing and then blink - it'll be over. My saving grace is that dance competitions start later - if I had them both starting at the same time I think I'd go crazy - not sure how you do it with 2! We got lucky last year and the two didn't overlap - this year we overlap twice, once being states - UGH!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! ENJOY THE SEASON ! !

Hang in there - waiting is so hard! I'm ready to get this season going, too - but by state, I'm always ready for it to be over (hee hee). You are going to have some really busy weekends if both girls compete the same meets - if your luck is anything like mine, so will have the girls evenly spaced so it will "conveniently" take up the entire weekend! Best of luck and have a great season!

Oh yes, the convenient scheduling is always a lovely surprise!!! And I am always SO ready to be done by states, too.

I am also anxious to get the first meet over with! Alex has her first prep op (X-Cel) meet on the 29th. I can't wait to see some video of your girls! Just relax!!! At least that is what I tell myself (even though it doesn't work!!)lol!!

It will be interesting to see the scoring for X-Cel. This is only the 2nd season that they have even had prep op here. I have no idea how it will go! So nervous for her but it will be sooooo nice to have some variety of music and routines!!

What music/style of routine does your oldest DD have? Alex's routine is a little bit more dramatic than some of her other teammates. Her music is Defying Gravity (from Wicked).

Wow Alex's first meet is SOON! Good luck to her!
Older DD is using a song called Thunder (from Nuttin But Strings...they were the hip hop violin guys on America's Got Talent a couple years ago). It is SUPER cool and dramatic. She does a good job with it.
I love Defying Gravity too. We listened to that one a few times! :)

I feel you - the first meet of the season is always the most exciting and nerve wracking for me. Ours is this weekend.

Before we know it the season will be in full swing and then blink - it'll be over. My saving grace is that dance competitions start later - if I had them both starting at the same time I think I'd go crazy - not sure how you do it with 2! We got lucky last year and the two didn't overlap - this year we overlap twice, once being states - UGH!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! ENJOY THE SEASON ! !

Older DD's dance comps start in January. She will have to miss one meet for a dance comp. We are literally going to be gone every weekend from Feb 1 to March 15. It will be a wild ride. Next year our goal is for her to choose between dance and gym. Maybe. ;)

GOOD LUCK to your DD this weekend!

Sounds like you will be busy! Good luck to all of your girls, even your little one who has her own goal in mind :)

We found out that tiny DD has a "meet" in December where her pre-team classes will show off their skills and get medals. Oh she is just going to be crazy with excitement! :)

We found out that tiny DD has a "meet" in December where her pre-team classes will show off their skills and get medals. Oh she is just going to be crazy with excitement! :)

I love watching the little ones doing this! Some of them are just so excited they can't stand still. Makes me smile just watching them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back