Parents Anxiously awaiting our turn

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mom2kazkids

Proud Parent
OK the wait is killing me. We are doing an abbreviated compulsory season and our first meet is not until Oct 31. I cannot wait for it to get here. I have been stalking scores of other meets being held, but that is not the same as I do not know how those routines compare to what my DD is doing.

Thankfully Friday is our mock meet with 4 judges coming in to score the girls. I just wish it would get here already.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Barb

PS All of your daughters are doing great, I have been watching their routines over and over to get my competition fix until Bug starts.

You are too funny. I hope Bug does great at her mock meet and that meet season gets here quick for you! Our fall season is almost over. Then 2 months later, spring season starts. It is kind of nice to have the break. Spring is from Jan-April this year.

I know Bug is going to do great this season! Can't wait to hear her meet reports and see her videos!

Oh I know what you mean! Reading the posts now about the compulsories competing makes me want meet season to come already! Such a long wait from the end of last season until the beginning of this season. Good luck on Friday! Hope she does well and it gives her alot of confidence. And remind me again--why are you doing a shortened season?

We are really doing a split season, 3 compulsory meets and state, then 4-5 winter season meets. Here in the fall she is a 4, and then in the winter she should be a level 5, with the exception of our travel meet to Cancun--I think she will do 4 there.

I am not worried at all about level 5 floor or beam, but she is still having problems jumping to the high bar--so she has yet to do a long hang kip. Thankfully her first level 5 meet will not be until the last weekend of January.

I hear you! Our first meet isn't until end of Nov! Best of luck to your DD this season :)

It is nice that she gets to do L4 for this season and go to States so she can show her stuff and then start competing L5 in the spring. Abby would love to be moved to L5 after this season, but it is very, very unlikely.

There is still a lot of time before Bug does L5, plus, maybe when L4 states is done, she will JUST focus on L5 and things will start clicking faster! :)

OK the wait is killing me.

I am right there with you! Juju has her first meet of the season next weekend.

I think I am more nervous about how she will do this year as a 2nd year level 4 then I was last year when she was just starting out. For some reason they are not practicing full routines hardly at all and that makes me very nervous. I don't think she has done a whole floor routine in over a month - maybe two. :eek: Oh well... I guess the coaches know what they are doing.

You are too funny! I remember a time when I would do the same thing...watch other competiton video to get my fix! Olivia has 7 competitions left. Two before states, then states in early december. In Jan. she will do the New Years Invite in Disney and an international meet hosted by our old gym(which should be intresting). Her last meet will be in March. Depending how she finishes her season and whether she gets all her L5 skills she may or may not repeat L4. Part of me wouldn't mind her repeating as the schedule is more do-able(not sure that's a word) but the thought of another year of mill circles makes me second guess. Maybe two years of L5 would be better.... trust the coaches so whatever they think is in her best intrest would fine.

Good luck on Friday! I am sure she is going to knock the socks off those judges!!!:D

Our first meet, and Canadiangymmoms, is not until Dec 4th, which really is a good thing as the floor/beam routines are just being learned. But it is weird to be doing nothing whilst so many are out competing. Though of course we only do about 3 meets anyway. I am always so jealous of your cool themed meets, ours are just meets that's it.

Our first meet, and Canadiangymmoms, is not until Dec 4th, which really is a good thing as the floor/beam routines are just being learned. But it is weird to be doing nothing whilst so many are out competing. Though of course we only do about 3 meets anyway. I am always so jealous of your cool themed meets, ours are just meets that's it.

I agree. I'm jealous of the fun meets, jealous that we're still waiting and jealous that we have so few meets. Although, I wouldn't really trade that for a dozen or more, lol.

We've had routines for a bit, but Bean can't even remember some parts of them:eek: and she comes home after almost every practice saying things like,"XXX is being added to beam, YYY is being taken out, XYY might go in for Provincials, if I make it.."

I just want her to get out and own the routines. She scares me when she talks about changes, lol!

So, you're not alone in the *anxiously* awaiting club! We're right here with you, living vicariously through other people's children!!:rolleyes:

I know what you mean...my older DD's first meet is the weekend before Halloween and we are just going crazy waiting! Little DD has an in house meet this Saturday. She is still shaky on bars so we are nervous for her...
We love watching everyone's videos though and living vicariously through you!:)

I feel your pain. Cait's first meet was to be last weekend but we were in Disney World instead... Darnit.. LOL.. Now her first meet is in two weeks and then she is done until late January... I am living vicariously through all of your children as well...

Sean

I know exactly how you feel! We have a mock meet on Nov. 21st and our first official meet isn't until December 4th. Seems like forever! But, just like every year, the season will fly by and we'll be back here saying the same thing next year! :rolleyes:

We have had mock meets every year, but this is the first year that we are having actually judges scoring the girls. I have volunteered to help, so I am not sure how well I will get to watch Bug, I will be helping with music and flashing scores on floor. Less that 48 hours to go. :D:D

Good luck at the mock meet! I like them even better than real meets! All the excitement, minus the pressure! I bet your little girl will wow you and the judges. It's also usually a great place to get feedback as far as what could be tidied up to hang onto as many tenths as possible.

You will, of course, be providing an update, right?!?

Of course I will, hopefully video too, just need another mom to tape her for me. DD has to work, so he will not be there.

Ditto . . . . we start 10/25 . . . . anxiously awaiting the season start!! LOL
It's our first USAG season . . . making me extra anxious!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back