WAG Any changes to L10 scoring/skill value? What about NCAA?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

josie55

Proud Parent
Now that Chalkbucket is getting fun again ;) I thought I'd pose this question..

I saw the thread about L9 getting a difficulty bonus, and am inferring (though perhaps incorrectly) that there are more changes to the code that will be in place next year. Somebody mentioned that a front tuck on beam will now be an E, for example. What other changes were made? What other skills are now worth more (or less)?

I have also heard that NCAA changed some skill values, but don't know any details. Does anyone have the scoop on that?

I heard there were changes to values for Maloney pac and Maloney bail combos in NCAA. We were told they were devalued and you now need a second release like Maloney half to get your SV. Due to this DD’s coaches are focusing on having multiple single bar releases instead of one single bar plus Maloney as they feel that depth will be more valuable.

I heard there were changes to values for Maloney pac and Maloney bail combos in NCAA. We were told they were devalued and you now need a second release like Maloney half to get your SV. Due to this DD’s coaches are focusing on having multiple single bar releases instead of one single bar plus Maloney as they feel that depth will be more valuable.
As far as I know that rule change didn't happen. I know a lot of college coaches want to make a single bar release move a requirement but it hasn't happened yet. My daughter's coach is working to get her a single bar release move as he does believe that eventually it will be a requirement in NCAA.

As far as I know that rule change didn't happen. I know a lot of college coaches want to make a single bar release move a requirement but it hasn't happened yet. My daughter's coach is working to get her a single bar release move as he does believe that eventually it will be a requirement in NCAA.
Are you saying a maloney won't count? I guess it does not since you are moving between the bars. This makes me sad.

From what I understand the NCAA coaches want to see more single bar release skills verse the Maloney pak combo
Ugh. I need to just step away from the chalkbucket. This is more and more disheartening. My daughter does a pak and was really excited to work on that combo. She took a lengthy break from trying a tkatchev. She really disliked the tkatchev. So the options are tkatchev, jaeger, or I suppose geinger?

Ugh. I need to just step away from the chalkbucket. This is more and more disheartening. My daughter does a pak and was really excited to work on that combo. She took a lengthy break from trying a tkatchev. She really disliked the tkatchev. So the options are tkatchev, jaeger, or I suppose geinger?
Don't fret too much! My daughter will likely never get a single bar release. Sounds like the rules might say a single bar release OR an D or E skill (not including the dismount). My daughter is working on a Maloney half, which would fill that requirement if she doesn't get a single bar release.

My DD was kind of bummed but she already has and competes a single bar release and also has a Maloney. She’s looking forward to competing two single bar releases next season now instead of Maloney and a single bar (original plan)

Mine just got her maloney to Pak so she’ll be devastated. I wonder why they downgraded it?
I don't think they have yet, it's just a rumor at this point that it might be in the future and that a single bar release will be a required skill (as of right now it's not).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back