Any drills to bring out aggression on double mini?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I just watched a Youtube video of Austin White on Double Mini, paused it, and watched the transition from the floor to the apparatus frame by frame. He does not jump up onto the DMT. He picks up his feet out in front of him, knees bent, with his butt at DMT level, and as he hits the front of the DMT, his spring of a body uncoils and digs deep into the trampoline, locking upright by the bottom of the bounce.

Our level 5, 6, and 7 kids all jump up onto the DMT, hit with their bodies already upright, and their first bounce is low and very passive.

Can anyone suggest drills that will help take my kids from where they are, and send them in the direction of Austin White. I just want them to come in low, get their feet ahead of them, and give me a first bounce that isn't passive.

Paul

A lot of hurdle drills for vault are adaptable.

We also do a lot of running drills, & we make them chase each other through warmup bounces...they're much less apt to slow down and kill their speed when another kid is right behind them (do not do this with kids with impulse control/safety awareness problems. bad things happen).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back