Any idea if a gymnast can attend a meet in USA and what does it takes to do so ?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DADGYMDAD

Proud Parent
Hello everyone, I am new with this. I have a daughter that is in the DÉfi program (Québec province). she is not old enough to compete, other then défi, in our own system. She is REALLY dedicated and as a work ethic that is unbelievable. she is now 7. anyone knows if its possible to attend different meet close to the border as she would LOVE to participate in small competiton and since age is an issue for her, crossing the broder 2 or 3 times would have her other possiblities.
Do a coach would need to come ? I know we would have to pay affiliation fees. Everywhere i look, I don't see anything about this and I keep reading that they are all in a team.

thanks

Are you thinking of entering her without a coach? I wouldn't recommend that....and I don't think her coach would like that idea much either. How would she prep for the competition, do you expect her coach to teach her the routines she needs to compete in the US?

i would actually consider evertyhnig that would needs to be done. she would need a routine and i am pretty sure that no one can access a competition without a certified coach.
it is mostly a question regarding, it it can be possible to enter a meet, without being in a team and if so... what exactly is the process to that. If it's posible, i would talk with her coaches see if it's possible from their part.

It is POSSIBLE for girls from other countries to compete in a USAG sanctioned competition. We live in Texas and I believe we've seen some teams from Mexico before. That being said, she would have to have a USAG certified coach with her at the competition, and she would need to register as a USAG athlete, I would assume. If she was wanting to compete USAG JO, she would have to learn the appropriate compulsory routine. She could take her own routine in XCEL, though. Bottom line: it's possible but it would take ALOT

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH, i guess, if ti comes to that, she will have to stick with our program, end her journey with the défi and be a pre-novice next year. too bad, we thought that having a couple more meets in a year would help her build with confidence and learn to deal with butterflies in her stomach before a meet because next year she will be against older girls and thisa could have helped her to work towards that

thanks

Honestly as a coach, I think it would be better for her to keep working toward getting her Defi skills, which are essentials if she is to be a pre-novice next year. Time spent learning routines for just a couple meets would be better spent training in my opinion.

I'm a provincial coach, I've coached gymnasts coming from Défi, from the regional circuit, from rec classe and from provincial (all in the same group!). I'd say the girls coming from Défi deal with the competition as well as the ones who've already competed before. The evaluations they do throughout the year prepare them.

Alright then. We will
Stick with her gaining confidence within the défi. Of course
She will have to master the skills this year to keep her in line for her next achievement.
Thanks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back