Parents Anyone competing this weekend?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Tumblequeensmom- How did your daughter do at the Commonwealth Cup this weekend. I didn't stay for level 5. My dd was level 4 on friday night.

DD's L 5 Sectional meet went well. She qualified to States! She's really been improving since we've moved. She's hoping to keep improving and do even better at State in two weeks.

v: 8.8
ub: 8.6
bb: 8.45 (fell on cartwheel)
fx: 9.025

AA: 34.875

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Congratulations to all the gymnasts this weekend on their meets:) It looks like everyone did an awesome job:) I am loving this time of the year with all the meets now:) It is so fun to hear about how everyone does:)

Hi everyone. My DD just f inished her first level 5 meet at the Commonwealth Cup. Her gym is less than a year old, so we were all holding out breaths to see how our girls would do! The level 5 Team came in 5th place AA... not bad for starters.

Anyway, DD's scores were:
Floor 8.15
Bars: 8.75
Beam: 8.75 (with a fall on that darn cartwheel)
vault: 8.65

AA 34.30 6th place, but got 4th place (and a medal) for vault. They only medalled out to 5th place for AA, so DD just missed that one!

We have our "winter island getaway" meet in 2 weeks!

Hi Gym Mom2one: I thought there must've been a session on Friday night since our Levels 4's went first thing Sat a.m. and they were session 2!

Is your DD w/Paragon? Those girls were amazing Sunday night! Your DD did a great job and only 6 years old... amazing.

Tumblequeensmom-

Yes there were 2 sessions. There were 80 level 4's on Friday night! That was a lot of times to listen to the same music LOL
My DD is from Paragon. I wanted to come Sunday and watch level 5 because DD has some friends on level 5. Didn't quite make it :)
Sounds like your daughter did good. We don't have a meet until December now.

DD first fall meet

My dd's first fall meet was @ Sportsplex in MD. Was also the first meet for all new judges in MD, they judged pretty hard but it was fun.

She scored either first or last in her age group:

Vault: 1st
Bars: 8th
Floor: 1st
Beam: 8th

Don't have the scores in front of me but she was astounded at the first places and an AA score of 32.65. :D

We were supposed to attend the Paragon meet in VA but early in the morning found water under the kitchen sink and no water from the faucet. My dad was due to arrive that afternoon on the bus in DC, waaaaaayy too many things going on in one day. Asked my dd if missing the meet was OK and she said yes, getting the broken pipe fixed before her grandpa's arrival was more important than her meet. So after many hours of working and replacing all part under the sink minus the valves, we have a dry cabinet and working faucet again.

DD's next competition is in Jan and then we'll head to the Buckeye in Feb for a totally fun meet. We feel competing once a month is sufficient and she has already qualified for states at the Judges Invitational last month.

She's still working on her flyaway to get it perfect so now the pressure if off and she can concentrate. It will be a good season for her.

We did have a great meet at Paragon... DD was especially thrilled (she's a first year L5) when I looked up scores and saw that most girls ahead of her were 2nd year L5's and that she even scored better than some from other gyms... so it's a good beginning!

Gym_mom2one... which meet are you attending in December? We've got one in Chantilly.

Good luck to everyone on their upcoming meets!

My dd has her first meet on the 15th of december.I'm kind of interested to see what her scores will be like since it is her second year of level 7 although she will be doing some new skills.

Tumblequeensmom-
That was our first meet as a level 4. We aren't going to Chantilly. I don't remember where but I know it isn't Chantilly. Good luck at your next meet :)

I'd like to keep this thread going! Anyone that competed this past weekend, please log-on and share! :D

Our next meet is Dec. 16th. I am looking forward to it :) Hope DD can do her mill circle this time... cross your fingers for her :bars:

Emily is competing this weekend... I am excited. I will update you all on Saturday night after I get home from the meet and then working the meet. It is another home meet for us. Emily is running for the Friday night session which will included levels 5-8.

my dd has states on the 16th and I am getting nervous on her first 3 meets she has either fallen on bars or beam I will be holding my breath no falls!!!!! during practice the beam and bars are her strongest events

DD has her "winter island" getaway competition this weekend. Have to be there at 7:30 a.m. - ugh. But I guess it's better than getting out at 10:00 on a Sunday night, commuting back home, and then trying to send her off to school in the a.m.! She's in 7th grade, so missing school is NOT an option! Good luck to everyone competing this weekend!

My dd has her very first, Level 4, meet this weekend. We finally got our new team leos and warm ups last night. We don't have to be there until 2:30 and it's an hour drive. I'm glad she's not a level 5 that has to be there by 7:30! It should be a fun meet. The whole team is going out for dinner afterward. Good luck to everyone that's competing. Can't wait to share and see all the scores!:)

Oh my poor baby!!! DD had her second L5 meet this morning. She woke up and said her stomach was bothering her a bit. She thought she ate too much last night, so we gave her some Tums and continued on. (She's 12, so I figure she knows her body and what's good and what's not). Her first event was the floor. It looked great to start out and then the RH, BHS, BHS, looked wacky. She finished up, saluted, and then immediately clapped her hand over her mouth and ran to the restroom!!!

I ran to her, helped her clean up, and she said she felt much better and did NOT want to leave. Soooo, I went back to my seat. Vault was next... she did O.K... not her best, and then Bars... which she scored the best on (actually took 1st place). Then came beam. I noticed her face didn't look quite right and she was really having trouble w/the warmup. I checked on her, she said she was "fine" and basically told me to "go away." So I did. Well, the beam was a mess. She couldn't keep her balance and even fell off. VERY low score of 7.90. She walked off w/her coach and burst into tears. Bottom line, I grabbed her, she was on FIRE! So she left w/my hubby 'cuz she wanted me to stay and get her "goody" bag and any medals if she won any!

Poor baby. She did medal on the bars (1st), vault (4th) and floor (4th). I wonder how much better she would've done if she'd felt fine?

So that's my "meet" story for today!

-L

So sorry for you dd being sick,hope she feels better soon.Amazing she competed that way.She must be very tough.Congrates for first on bars.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back