Parents Anyone else doing high school gym?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

high school gym will never be an option for my gymmie. it's just not "a thing" around here. I wonder, is this more of a regional thing?

My DD probably would have loved that, but the local (I use the term lightly, read in our state) schools that offer it are nowhere near where we live. I'm actually surprised it's not bigger here, considering how many girls do gymnastics around here.

My DD probably would have loved that, but the local (I use the term lightly, read in our state) schools that offer it are nowhere near where we live. I'm actually surprised it's not bigger here, considering how many girls do gymnastics around here.
My guess it's not for lack of kids, but possibly a liability concern? California being the litigious state that it is, I'm surprised we still even have school sports.

My DD is a Sophomore and is doing high school and club. She will do one club meet and then HS season and then go back to club after HS ends. She did it last year too and loved it. She lettered her freshman year and got some write ups and pictures in the local paper. Her school has a big team and they do lot's of team activities together.

My girl is not there yet, but our HS has a team.

It is my understanding the team members train at their home gyms and compete on the team.

My daughters (should they continue gymnastics) will do HS gymnastics. We have quite a few teams and our local HS has a team... yay!

My DD is a Sophomore and is doing high school and club. She will do one club meet and then HS season and then go back to club after HS ends. She did it last year too and loved it. She lettered her freshman year and got some write ups and pictures in the local paper. Her school has a big team and they do lot's of team activities together.
Our gym / coach is also the High School coach. The team is going into its third year. It will be bigger this year because we had our first Jr high team last year and some of those 8th graders will compete for the high school. If they go to a club, then they only practice with the high school team part of the time.
Girls on our team will get to compete two meets for us before the high school season starts. Then, they will be back for our Championship meet at the end of the season.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back