Parents Anyone else feel left out?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Anxiously awaiting the season to start here too, first meet is the first weekend of December. I just wish that the gym would get the girls schedule up. We are traveling from WI to MN.

Barb

On TCT's website there is a tenative schedule for the Boy's competition, my guess is that the girls is only a couple days behind!

My DD has her first level 7 meet the second weekend of December. Tomorrow morning we have an appointment to meet with the coach and produce her floor routine. She picked out her music over the weekend. Can you say wow. We had a Booster club meeting tonight to work out plans for the meet, it's a home meet, and we getting awful close. After the meeting the Head Coach had a meeting with all the level 7 parents and explained that the coaches waited so long because they wanted to move all 11 girls together, and a month ago 1/2 would have been held back.

As it stands he is not promising that they will get to compete all events. Only 3 have their giants and several are still perfecting their flipflops on beam. But the group is happy that they will all be together, it's a pretty tight group. My DD has everything except giants so she will be competing freehips, but she getting close. Hoping that Canadian Bar Fairy will do the trick by the time we get to the meet. All the girls are doing better now that the presure is off.

Send us your good thoughts, 3 weeks isn't very far away.:D

My dd's first level 8 meet is this Sunday. This is very early for Optionals, but this will give us a baseline for where she stands. She is not doing the vault that she is training to do. Coaches don't feel she is competition ready, so she is doing a vault with a lower start value. She did tell me that HC said that she will be focusing on other vault after this week and hopefully will be ready to do it for her December meet. Also not competing twist on floor. Coach thinks that there are too many deductions for it, so she is still training it, but took it out for this meet.

I am trying to take the pressure of the meet off of dd, by just focusing on the AA score of 30 that is needed to qualify for Sectionals. This score is very do-able.

I do feel left out that I have not been able to give meet reports, but I do admit it has been nice to not have the pressure of a meet and have been able to just focus on training. Guess that's coming to an end now - meet season is now upon us!:eek:

Ok, so reading all these posts is starting to get me nervous!!! Gymmie said they will start doing routine run throughs the practices after Thanksgiving next week. She had to pull out the video from states to refresh herself on the whole floor ex. Beam is going to have to be tweaked a little since she ditched the bhs from L7 and now has a fwo in there. I'm not a fan of privates, but we're going to ask one coach to work on making the fx look a little more appropriate for L8(if that makes sense) and maybe adding just a couple little things to beam.

Right now she is sticking her tsuk tuck and may compete that early and then move up to a tsuk pike. Compulsory parents----you may not love the everyone does the same routine thing, but optional can drive you nuts with them working on a skill here or there to add later in the season!!!! Bars will be a stinking long routine with that shoot half since she has to mount on the high bar then shoot half to low, kip/cast then back to high for clear hip-hs and giants to flyaway.

Our 1st meet is a big invitational which has me nervous. All the girls did it last year and loved the meet, but it was later in the season. To start out competing in a college gym with a team of all new L8s.............................................. hmmmm think I'll go back to work now and quit thinking:)

I am trying to take the pressure of the meet off of dd, by just focusing on the AA score of 30 that is needed to qualify for Sectionals. This score is very do-able.

She should get that easily! Our State Score is 33.50. I am hoping for that in one of the first couple meets! Then I can relax a little...

Anxiously awaiting the season to start here too, first meet is the first weekend of December. I just wish that the gym would get the girls schedule up. We are traveling from WI to MN.

Barb

The Meet schedule is up!! I think Beetle and I are coming on Sunday to watch our L6's. They compete Sunday afternoon. When do you compete?

She is not doing the vault that she is training to do. Coaches don't feel she is competition ready, so she is doing a vault with a lower start value. She did tell me that HC said that she will be focusing on other vault after this week and hopefully will be ready to do it for her December meet.

We're having similar issues here. Oldest DD does not feel she can stick a tsuk. They are going to see how warmups go, and if she can't stick it during warm ups then she will go with a lower start value vault.

She finally picked her floor music so will be getting her new routine sometime in Dec.

Fellow L8 Moms ( l still love saying that L8! LOL)

Beetle is working a half on half off, a Handspring Half for competition early in the season.. She wants to work up to a handspring full or a half on full off... maybe eventually a Tsuk.. she just doesnt get the block.. I hope your DD"s get there.. I am not sure if Bettle will this season.

On the brighter side. The Pirouette is more consistent.. she is doing them daily.. and today she did 2 full L8 routines connected! WOO HOO!!!

She should get that easily! Our State Score is 33.50. I am hoping for that in one of the first couple meets! Then I can relax a little...

I think a 30 will be fairly easy to get, so I can't wait for Sunday to come so she can just do it and get it over with!

I think a 30 will be fairly easy to get, so I can't wait for Sunday to come so she can just do it and get it over with!
I am so jealous that you get your score out of the way early!! We have to wait till mid November!

Good news out of the gym tonight.. DD did a few Handspring fulls on Vault! That is a 9.4 start value, if she can nail them I think she has a good chance at that state score!

Our state qualifying score is a 32AA for Levels 8-10. What has the girls a little stressed is they have 2 in state meets in Jan then we do 2 out of state meets so those scores won't help with state qualifying if they don't have it after the first 2 meets. The last meet of the season is in our gym and is the last day to qualify for states. I am so keeping my fingers crossed that none of the girls will have to worry about qualifying at that meet----and parents won't be sitting there with calculators!!!

Good luck to all of those with meets this weekend:D! Can't wait to read your posts! Even though DD's meets don't start until Jan. I'm getting in the spirit thru you all!!!!;)

Our state qualifying score is a 32AA for Levels 8-10. What has the girls a little stressed is they have 2 in state meets in Jan then we do 2 out of state meets so those scores won't help with state qualifying if they don't have it after the first 2 meets. The last meet of the season is in our gym and is the last day to qualify for states. I am so keeping my fingers crossed that none of the girls will have to worry about qualifying at that meet----and parents won't be sitting there with calculators!!!

wow, only qualifying at a few meets, that makes it tough! We are lucky that she can qualify at either instate or out of state meets. We are doing 3 Out of State Meets this year, our state has tougher judging then the other states around us. So I am hoping for some higher scores if we go out of state!

MN Level 7 score for state is AA35. :eek: DD missed it by .15 last year we are hoping to make it early in the season this year. I will be on edge otherwise all season. UGH! I am hoping she works the bugs out on bars and gets a good score that should take care of t hings. Mn is the on e of the hardest judging states. No way I would travel here for a meet. LOl Jan and Feb and March will be busy 7 meets in three months. Best wishes to all starting soon.

My dd's first level 8 meet is this Sunday. This is very early for Optionals, but this will give us a baseline for where she stands.

How did everything go today? Was this the meet at Rutgers?

I'm counting down the days till competition cheering is over (13 days) and DD can really focus on her Level 8 skills. At least her music is finally picked and purchased, so hopefully by the time she's back in the gym full-time, her coach will have her routine ready!

We have had a couple of Judge visits and that is as close to a meet as we are getting this year. DD is really feeling left out right now. It is hard to be the only one not working for the up comming season. DD is not fully understanding all this.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back