Anyone else seeing this on the posts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cher062

I've noticed lately that in some of the posts there are green words with underlines when you scroll over them they are ads for gameadvance. Anyone else seeing this in the posts?

Odd -- this hasn't been happening for me at all.

Does it happen when you're logged in, or only when you're viewing as a guest?

A lot of websites do this to generate ad revenue.

But if the chalkbucket is doing this it's news to me.

I haven't seen it either and I read a lot of post. If you see it in a post again can you link it to this thread and then we can make sure JBS checks it out.

It happens when I'm logged in. I haven't visited as a guest. I also noticed this AM that in the User CP area there is a part called Network that also has the green words with the underline.

There are 2 in my own post under "Chalk Bucket" the thred is L7 Floor routine - Yippi.

the next to last line the word dance and the last line the word learning both are showing this way for me.

Wonder if its a virus I have that is doing this if no one else is seeing it.

Interesting, in my user CP there is nothing called network, and I see nothing in your post at all. We need JBS to check this out as he will know if it is normal or NOT!!! I suppose it could be some kind of spyware on your PC, you can check for that easily and it is always worth doing. Nobody else has commented on this so it does make me think it may be your PC, either that or too much chardonnay last night!!!

I just noticed to the left of this screen under "Brand New Book" the words "stand out" are green & underlined. Is this the type of thing you are seeing Cher??? I didn't click on it.

I just noticed to the left of this screen under "Brand New Book" the words "stand out" are green & underlined. Is this the type of thing you are seeing Cher??? I didn't click on it.

yes except its double underlined and with in the posts. and if you scroll over them a small window shows until you move off the word.

going to have to have hubby check the comp out for spyware and viruses. I'm so useless at that type of stuff.

I have seen them, but I see that a lot on various websites. It usually happens with worse quality or inaccurate websites, so it confuses me why it is on here.

Ok don't know what it was but it seems to be gone now. My Tech wiz of a Hubby came in did something (couldn't tell you what) and now there is no sign of any of it.

Guess it was something going on with my Computer.

I know my Lap Top I've been the last 12 hours on the phone with Dell trying to get it to work after the Window Blue Screen of Death showed up.

they got all the way to trying to reinstall the operating system (VISTA - it stinks) and it won't install. They haven't a clue why. So I'll be on the phone with them all day tomorrow again trying to fix that . Thank god for the old desk top computers without the Vista.

Vista sucks so much it is like a mean old babysitter who just wants to make your life hard.

Glad the green thing cleared up and hope that you get the laptop fixed up. So frustrating.

Vista sucks so much it is like a mean old babysitter who just wants to make your life hard.

Glad the green thing cleared up and hope that you get the laptop fixed up. So frustrating.

I agree on the Vista thing but all the computers with windows have it unfortunately and since the lap top is also used by hubby for work it has to be a windows based OS.

I'm hoping I don't have a $2000 paperweight now.

I hear you on the paperweight thng, though new hard drives are very cheap compared to the whole deal, a 300 GB one can be bought for about $150 USD and easily installed.

My sons laptop is currently having a new hard drive put in, he saved up for a year to buy it and now it is dead. Sadly he hadn't backed up anything to the external hard drive I gave him (we always learn the hard way) lost his years school work!

I bought a netbook for travel, $300 CAD, and it runs on xp, nice but not powerful enough for business. We run our business from home and it's vista for us too. ICK!

Unfortunately the money just isn't there. I've been laid off since the beginning of April and Hubby had a 15% pay cut (that is huge in the budget).

If Dell can't fix it today then my brother has a disk that will reformat the hard drive and we will try again to install the OS. The Vista OS install disk I have doesn't reformat the disk first so I think that could be an issue. Thank God I do back up the necessary stuff on a regular basis.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back