WAG Anyone following what is happening with USAG?!?! (Rhonda Faehn asked to resign)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

FlippinLilysMom

Proud Parent
The national team has suspended training for tonight and there is no word on whether or not they will train tomorrow. Sounds like the devo camp that is supposed to happen next week may not happen either.....

It sounds like the national team girls are split down the middle, half of them wanting Rhonda to come back and saying that they won't continue training until she does and the other half not saying anything....

Such an awful position for these young ladies. I almost wish that this would have happened when Valeri left. Instead I think they clung to her when he left, and now they feel like their glue has been ripped away from them. Sadly, I doubt they know everything that’s happening behind the scenes and it’s plausible that there is a very real reason behind USAG’s request. Or....USAG could be trying to save face. At this point I kinda trust no one.

Reactions: SMH
It's just crazy....i'm going to be very selfish here and say that I am so happy that my daughter is as young as she is. Hopefully this mess will all get sorted out eventually and things can get back to normal. But these girls that are trying to make it to the 2020 Olympics are the ones that I really feel badly for.

Obviously this is an outsider perspective, but why in the world are these girls refusing to train unless Rhonda is brought back when she did nothing to protect Aly or anyone else. Ragan is close to my daughter’s age and I would absolutely call my daughter out and tell her that it is shameful to support someone who was part of the problem. I don’t expect anyone to agree with me, but it seems to be they’re drawing the wrong line. Olympics or no, there is more to life than winning.

Hate that these girls are caught in the middle. A cut and paste identical "we strongly disagree with this decision, Rhonda is the glue holding us together right now" statement from a group of teenagers makes me a little ill. I hope they weren't pressured by anyone.

Obviously this is an outsider perspective, but why in the world are these girls refusing to train unless Rhonda is brought back when she did nothing to protect Aly or anyone else. Ragan is close to my daughter’s age and I would absolutely call my daughter out and tell her that it is shameful to support someone who was part of the problem. I don’t expect anyone to agree with me, but it seems to be they’re drawing the wrong line. Olympics or no, there is more to life than winning.
I'm not saying I agree or disagree with you but the timing of this is horrible, they knew she was informed by Aly a LONG TIME AGO so why wait until NOW to fire her????

Hate that these girls are caught in the middle. A cut and paste identical "we strongly disagree with this decision, Rhonda is the glue holding us together right now" statement from a group of teenagers makes me a little ill. I hope they weren't pressured by anyone.
All of their posts on IG and Twitter are being deleted....

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with you but the timing of this is horrible, they knew she was informed by Aly a LONG TIME AGO so why wait until NOW to fire her????
Oh it’s all chess-playing bs at this point, I agree with that, but it doesn’t change my overall opinion. This is- as a whole- bigger than anyone’s Olympic dreams in my opinion. That said, all these girls obviously have beyond competent coaching at their home gyms to even get to this point. No one is going to attend classics without proper training.

seriously, how important is the camp system for classics? I see the value in a selection camp and iron-sharpening-iron type mentality of training together and competing for a few select spots but shouldn't affect them (physically) training for classics at their home gym.. Mentally, on the other hand....

seriously, how important is the camp system for classics? I see the value in a selection camp and iron-sharpening-iron type mentality of training together and competing for a few select spots but shouldn't affect them (physically) training for classics at their home gym.. Mentally, on the other hand....
I know that they were verifying routines at this camp, they got 2 verified, were supposed to verify vault tonight but didn't and I think bars was scheduled for tomorrow.

I would imagine some of the girls were verifying routines at this camp.

Well... two of my kids are supposed to leave for camp , they do verification etc... kind of a big deal but not critical

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back