anyone have any good idea's for fininding a partner in opening a gym..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My husband and I have be looking into the idea of opening a gym.
we think we want to share it with someone like a head coach or something along that line.
does anyone have ideas what works and what does not work..
Thank you for your help

A lot of gyms have head coaches who are the owners/ part owners. The gym I work for is a bit different in that we have an owner (not overly involved) and a manager (who most people think is our owner). Under the manager, there are people in charge of each division (a main office employee, a head team coach, a head preschool teacher, a head birthday party instructor). This system works out really well for us.

I've read in some posts how if and when there is ever a problem, a lot of parents only have 1 person to discuss it with (the owner/ head coach), so whatever their decision is is usually final. Our system avoids this, it delegates work, and also encourages a lot of communication and working together because there are multiple people "in charge".

My husband and I have be looking into the idea of opening a gym.
we think we want to share it with someone like a head coach or something along that line.
does anyone have ideas what works and what does not work..
Thank you for your help

what doesn't work are partnerships. in our industry, sooner than later, they end in failure.

Oh Ok Thank you for that info.

We have been thinking we were not going to have a partner. we will own it and hire differant coaches
so now we are looking for a head coach, we have apreschool coach already,
DO you know a good place to advertise for coaches? We are also looking for equipment.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back