WAG Anyone here any news on TOPs national testing results

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Anyone hear about test results from national TOPs testing? Our gym had several gymnast go including my 10 yr old dd. Our coaches say it will be a while because of the changes made to the program.

Our coach said 2-3 weeks but several here said we should have known by now. Soooo... your guess is as good as mine but definitely getting anxious to find out.

Do any of the coaches or other parents here on CB know what the cutoffs were for the A and B camps? We have not heard the results for my daughter and our coach is away for the weekend. ugh!

Does anyone know if the coaches only hear if their gymnasts made the A or B camp? Or do they contact all coaches with scores?

We just found out our DD made A camp along with her teammates. The hard part is our coach asked us to keep it quiet (which is really killing my wife and I) since she wanted to make the announcement during Monday's practice. WOOOHOOOO! :)

Its awesome that she gets to go, and with her teammates. BONUS!!! Congratulations:)
Can you post age and her scores? Cutoff? For those parents who have not yet gotten word?

We just found out our DD just made A camp along with her teammates. The hard part is our coach asked us to keep it quiet (which is really killing my wife and I) since she wanted to make the announcement during Monday's practice. WOOOHOOOO! :)

She is 9, however late last night another email came through and they forgot to tally up the 8 year old vault scores, so all the results could be affected, so at a standstill right now they said we will receive a email today regarding the correct standings. I feel bad because I already told my parent. :( had to call the parent and tell her that the information originally sent was not including a event and things might change..

I can't say I blame the gyms that opted out of TOPs this year due to all of the changes, it just seems like one mess after another. Hopefully no one will be negatively affected by the scoring changes.

Have there been lots of issues this year?

I can't say I blame the gyms that opted out of TOPs this year due to all of the changes, it just seems like one mess after another. Hopefully no one will be negatively affected by the scoring changes.

I don't know any details, but from posts on here it seems like scoring problems (either slow or incorrect) and lack of communication have been much more common this year than in years past, presumably due to the change in program structure and staff.

She is 9, however late last night another email came through and they forgot to tally up the 8 year old vault scores, so all the results could be affected, so at a standstill right now they said we will receive a email today regarding the correct standings. I feel bad because I already told my parent. :( had to call the parent and tell her that the information originally sent was not including a event and things might change..

This is so crazy! Has to mean that more 8 year olds would get the A score with their vault added in, bumping some 9/10 yr olds to B camp, and More 8 year olds would get the B score, bumping some 9/10 yr olds out. Do you think they will do this? or just make more room?

And the other 30 will be 10 year olds? Did they say why? Was this explained at the parents meeting in Texas? Seems odd, not sure what the benefit would be...

They are only taking 10 9yr old and 10 8yr old to the A team . This could only effect the 8 yr olds.

I was at the mtg but way in the back and I thought I heard Kim say that there was no set number of 8,9, or 10 yr olds designated to the camps. She said, and I quote "If the 8 yr olds rock then they go to camp, if the 10 yr olds score high, then they will go. ". I do remember her saying that it would be different this year. If anyone that went to the mtg heard otherwise, please comment.

I was in the afternoon meeting. She did say that they would probably lean towards having more 10 year olds. When someone asked her what the numbers would look like, she said probably something like 30 10 yo, 10 9 yo and 10 8 yo. She did then go on to say, who knows.... it looked like the 8 yos were rocking.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back