WAG Anyone in Orlando learning the new routines?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thank goodness I've been having my girls work turn out and ballet for the last year. Not much but at least they'll have some knowledge when I finally get the routines in a couple of weeks.

Is there still no footage of the routines?

OK. I am now confused. How can the straddle feet positions of 1st, 3rd or 5th be optional and yet they can't be parallel?

When the feet close in preparation for the straddle jump, they must be in turned out 1st 3rd or 5th positions.

Interested in the music. Well, hopefully it's not like what I heard in those 2 videos.

From what I remember the lower level music from L1-3 was horrid. Like clown/circus music, and I HATE CLOWNS. I didn't like the newer music in L5 or L6. Horrible pauses. Bring back the Burlesque music or Salsa music!

BlairBob - it is like what you heard in the videos.. Our girls just started learning the new routines and I only managed to hear a part of the level 4 music. It's going to be interesting having to hear this one 40 or so times during a meet...

Interested in the music. Well, hopefully it's not like what I heard in those 2 videos.

From what I remember the lower level music from L1-3 was horrid. Like clown/circus music, and I HATE CLOWNS. I didn't like the newer music in L5 or L6. Horrible pauses. Bring back the Burlesque music or Salsa music!

Wow, after living through two years of L5 with a gym that used what we called "the stripper music," I find it hard to imagine a more annoying earworm. I sometimes envision myself in an old folks' home in my late nineties, gumming my pudding and not recognizing anyone but still humming that darn music.

Wow, after living through two years of L5 with a gym that used what we called "the stripper music," I find it hard to imagine a more annoying earworm. I sometimes envision myself in an old folks' home in my late nineties, gumming my pudding and not recognizing anyone but still humming that darn music.

ROFL! I know what you mean. I don't even have a girl, but I could recognize each level's music, AND would know what part of the routine they should be doing. After seeing hundreds waiting for D to get done, I think I could have sung the music for them if something broke! We haven't heard the new stuff yet, but I am actually looking forward to it!

After 2 DDs going through Level 5, I named the 2 different songs for Level 5 the "stripper" music and the " funeral " music. I'm nervous about the new Level 5 music, I liked the old 6 music! It sounded very dramatic!

I remember the music before the stripper music.

It can always be worse.

Yikes! That music will make me want to cry by the end of a meet. So that was the new level 5 routine? I am not sure what to think just yet. I need to see more! My DD has beautiful long lines so I am hoping the ballet parts will payoff for her at competions! When she nails her dance moves it is beautiful.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back