Anyone in WA?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

teena82

I'm currently in the process of moving clear across the country from South Texas to Northern Washington. I have found a few gyms close to where we will be living that offer adult programs but am curious if anyone here attends them.

Hi! I live in WA in the Seattle metro area. I'm not too familiar with the adult programs around here but maybe I can answer some other questions if you have them. Feel free to PM me. Are you excited to leave the 100+ degree days that you get in TX? We have yet to go above 85 in this area. I love it!

Hi, I live in the Seattle area as well. I know that our gym offers adult classes two nights a week, but I haven't taken them myself or know much about them. If you have questions or I can help in any way, just PM me and let me know.

Good luck with your move! I hope you like the rain :)

Thanks guys. We'll be living in Mount Vernon which is 1.5 hours north of Seattle. I did email a few gyms in the surrounding cities and actually found a gym that offers a class 2 nights a week in a similar format to the gym I'm at now.

We visited the area a few weeks ago and it was so pretty up there. The high was 75 and we had 2 days of sun while we were there. It actually wasn't fair that we didn't get a real feel for how the weather normally is while we were deciding about the move. My boyfriend is going up at the end of September and we'll be looking for a house up there while I plan a wedding down here. All of the changes at once will definitely be an adventure.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Although it does rain a lot here and about February I am usually pondering what sunny city I want to move to, the summers here are glorious and make it all worth it. I just try to remember that it can't be this beautiful without all that rain. :)

Good luck with your move and upcoming wedding and welcome to Washington!

Hey Welcome to Washington! That's great you're going to live in Mt. Vernon. It's a beautiful place. I live in Oak Harbor, but I go to Skagit Valley Gymnastics, which is right where you live. There's a Tuesday night class that runs 90 mins, and an open gym on Friday that lasts an hour. Tuesday class is an actual class. The coach leads you through some quick warmups, then we do some stuff on the floor, then basic stuff on the beam, then bars, and a lot of tramp stuff. It's a ton of fun! There's a gym in Marysville too, but I've never gone there, so I can't say how good it is. I've only been going there for a few months, but I learned a load of stuff there. The coach is super nice, and so are the other girls. Class size varies. Sometimes there's just two of us plus the coach, and sometimes there'll be 10 of us. If you're interested, look them up!

Mindy that sounds great!! It looks like we're going to close on a house in Anacortes on Dec 1. I talked to the people at Mt. Baker Gymnastics in Burlington which has a class on Mon & W but the class at Skagit sounds way better. Honestly I'll probably end up going both. :p

I'm in Seattle, WA. There are a lot of adult classes here but no advanced classes or opportunities to train with JO teams unfortunately. The adult classes are too basic for me but at 30, no one will let me on a JO team. I'm looking into rec op options or maybe finding a gym that will just let me come in and train? I hate that there aren't more options for adult gymnasts. I am training very high level skills in the adult class and it would be more appropriate for me to do that with coaches trained for my skill level. (Safer too) It would be cool to get an adult team started up. I know they have a few mostly on the east coast I think. You're never too old to do gymnastics!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back