Anyone seen the movie "Peaceful Warrior"?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I LOVE this movie!!! It has some great men's gymnastics but also an even more powerful inspiring message about life and "the big picture". This movie really puts things in perspective. I am reading the book by Dan Millman right now...

Any thoughts on either the movie or the book???

I had never heard of the movie or the book. But it looks great from the you tube clips! Don't know how I missed it when it was out??? I have to get the whole movie. Thanks MdGymMom for the heads up about a very inspirational movie...we can all use some inspiration now & again :D!

I loved that movie. Saw it whenever it came out on video because my Blockbuster had a display or something where it was right there to find easily. I bet the book is great, too.

I read the book and when the movie came out I traveled about an hour to a theatre where it was playing. I love both! They both leave you looking at life in a new way.

Our local video stores don't have that movie - I've been looking for a while, how long ago was it released? I am a huge fan of Dan Millman's 'Body Mind Mastery' Book and his general philosophy on gymsports.

Our local video stores don't have that movie - I've been looking for a while, how long ago was it released? I am a huge fan of Dan Millman's 'Body Mind Mastery' Book and his general philosophy on gymsports.

I believe the movie was released in 2007. It is considered an "indie film" so you may have to order it online from amazon. I think Target carries it...

Netflix has it. You could do a free trial and see if you like getting movies that way and get to see the movie as well. We love Netflix.

I absolutely love this movie. I watched it when I was depressed about not being able to compete my senior year in high school because of my back injury and it inspired me and made me feel a lot better. I think its the best gymnastics movie out there in my opinion.

I did not like the use of some cgi effects for a few gymnastics sequences, and the over use of the one skill... I forget its name...

The message is wonderful. I love the movie otherwise, and recommend it even if you're not a gymnast.

Phenomenal! Of course, the book is much much better, but the movie is still excellent. There's actually an entire Peaceful Warrior trilogy...and website :) I have one of the t-shirts. It's one of my all-time favorite books.

boy you guys are all nice. the movie put me to sleep straightaway.

boy you guys are all nice. the movie put me to sleep straightaway.

Wow--you must have been really tired!! :rotfl:LOL. Well the movie is not for everyone--some people really enjoy this type of thought-provoking eastern philosophy and others do not. It's all good!!!!!!!! What about the movie didn't you like or was boring to you? Just curious...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back