Parents Anyone still Waiting.....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We also don't have any meets until the end of January. DD came onto her level 2 team behind in everything but bars, but I think it's coming together for her based on what she does in her free time.

Dd has her first meet on 11/22, which is very early in the world of optionals...

She's competing 8 at this meet, this is her 2nd yr, so really I'm not concerned with the skills, just want her to have a good meet. A nice solid vault would be nice. She also has a new beam and floor routine, so hopefully she will perform them well.

Her report time is in the afternoon, so she can sleep in and take her time before we have to leave. Will definitely post a meet report when it's all said and done! ;)

LOL, Netty, I WISH we were waitting to compete! Because the L5 season here used to start more like around Jan, I thought DD would have plenty of time to prepare, but then they changed the season so all 4, 5, and 6's are Sept-Jan/Feb.

Doing L6 must be exciting though! She's probably just as anxious and you are, LOL, and it will be here before you know it. Looking forward to hearing about your meet reports because then we will be just about done!

I don't know if Olivia's excited for the season to start or not. She's nervous about the mock meet they're having in a couple weeks. I think she'll be okay but as of right now she's a bit freaked out! She has all her skills, she just needs to get them consistantly and to work out some of the kinks.

We have like 10 meets this season so I'm sure that pretty soon I'll be looking for the season to end! :rolleyes:

Intrasquad is New Year's Eve day, then regular meets start in January. Beth will do the intrasquad as a level 8, then (hopefully) do the rest as a 9. I know I'll be nervous at that first meet, but let's hope Beth is cool and calm :)

I don't know if Olivia's excited for the season to start or not. She's nervous about the mock meet they're having in a couple weeks. I think she'll be okay but as of right now she's a bit freaked out! She has all her skills, she just needs to get them consistantly and to work out some of the kinks.

We have like 10 meets this season so I'm sure that pretty soon I'll be looking for the season to end! :rolleyes:

We only have 5 meets this year! (6 if they make State, 7 if they make Regionals, 8 if she makes Westerns (uh, that's not going to happen LOL!). THat's down from last year--not sure why.

My 6 yo Danielle has never competed before! She's in a Level 2/3 group, but I've seen her doing Level 3 beam and bars dismounts, so I think they are training her for Level 3. I know she's ahead of most of her group in skills. I haven't seen her do any routines yet - they are still working on the individual skills. Last year was her first year in gymnastics, and she was only in a rec class - this year (from September term) is her first ever on the competitive team. The gym as doing an internal meet on December 5th to give the comp. team practice and the rec classes some fun. That will be her first competition ever. The rec classes will not be doing routines - they will just compete skill by skill, depending on what they've been doing in class. I'm not sure if the beginner comp. team members will compete with routines or just skills - not sure what they will be ready for. They have 6 classes left to get ready.

Her first possible "real" meet will be Puerto Rico in February - not sure if she will be ready or not, it totally depends if she can get through the routines. Her Level 3 skills should be good enough by then to at least compete, even if not to do well yet.

Anyone still waiting to compete?

Jitterbug (formerly known as Flipper, changed to avoid confusion as their is already another flipper) doesn't have her first competition until the second weekend in December, and the next one is in January. I'm excited AND apprehensive. Her schedule doesn't really get going until the end of January, and then it is go, go, go. . .so we should just relax and enjoy while we still can.

We start on the weekend of the 27th as well - haven't seen DD's routines yet so I guess it'll be a surprise. She was off all last week with H1N1 so she's trying to get back in the swing of things. Taximom will you be in Burlington or Orangeville?

I was going through serious withdrawl too...:). So two of my DD teammate were going to a meet to score out of level 5 and I took her to the meet. It was the first time she actually had to sit through a meet as audience member. It was fun and it help me through my withdrawal...

I was going through serious withdrawl too...:). So two of my DD teammate were going to a meet to score out of level 5 and I took her to the meet. It was the first time she actually had to sit through a meet as audience member. It was fun and it help me through my withdrawal...

I see you're in Region 7, in PA. So are we!! What meets is your dd competing in? What meet did you go to this weekend?

The meet I had attended was actually the Back to School meet at Prestige. This year my DD is L6 and we will be at the following USAG meets this year.

Christmas on the Chesapeake
Hanover Classic
Katie Baldwin Invitational
Excalibur Cup in VA

the rest of our meets are small league meets..

The meet I had attended was actually the Back to School meet at Prestige. This year my DD is L6 and we will be at the following USAG meets this year.

Christmas on the Chesapeake
Hanover Classic
Katie Baldwin Invitational
Excalibur Cup in VA

the rest of our meets are small league meets..

We will be at the Christmas on the Chesapeake meet and the Katie Baldwin Invitational. My dd is also a Level 6, 8 years old.

Well...then we will be each other's competition :) My DD is also 8. :)

Maybe that's a good thing and we'll have a lot of 8 year olds so they'll have to have their own age group!! Wishful thinking, I'm sure. :rolleyes: But, even that will depend on the meet and if it's their age at states or their age at the meet. I wish it would be one way or the other. Doesn't matter for us, though, because she just turned 8 in August.

Dani's 1st meet is Sunday December 6th 1st session of the day :eek:. Don't you HATE those 7:30am registration times???? I think there must be a LOT of 10 and 11 year olds in Level A for Mason Dixon this year because they have their own session slot. So it should be a fun competitive season! Hopefully...:rolleyes:

I can't believe it is like 2 weeks away!!!

We start on the weekend of the 27th as well - haven't seen DD's routines yet so I guess it'll be a surprise. She was off all last week with H1N1 so she's trying to get back in the swing of things. Taximom will you be in Burlington or Orangeville?

We start in Burlington. First flight Saturday morning. How about you? Corky is getting really excited to compete!

We just found out that our first meet report time is Saturday at 7:30 am! Uggh. The meet is about 1.5-2 hours away. I hate early start times, too. But, at least we get it out of the way! I'm yawning already!:)

Eeewww, yuck :eek:! That's not cool! At least the excitement of the first competition of the season will get her moving!

My dd's first competition is this Sunday, report time 2:15pm - not too bad!

GL everyone with meets coming up... :p

We just found out that our first meet report time is Saturday at 7:30 am! Uggh. The meet is about 1.5-2 hours away. I hate early start times, too. But, at least we get it out of the way! I'm yawning already!:)

Eeewww, yuck :eek:! That's not cool! At least the excitement of the first competition of the season will get her moving!

Good Luck!

Good luck on Sunday! That's a nice, middle of the road start time! Just to sleep in would be nice but oh, well. I'll be thinking of you, too, watching as she does those new skills! :eek:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back