Off Topic AP Exams

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

NYgymfan

I know a few of us HS people have AP's starting tomorrow. Good luck to everyone who is taking them!! :D

I personally can't wait for them to be over with...

Thanks for the luck. I' m taking AP US (Friday), and AP English Language (next Wednesday). I'm also in AP French, but am waiting until next year to take the exam. Which ones are you taking?

Government and Politics tomorrow, Computer Science Tuesday, English Lit Thursday, and Microeconomics a week from Thursday.

Ohh, I took US History last year. My teacher prepared us for the test so I did well. Good luck :)

Our teacher was the worst on the planet; my mom ran study sessions, which proves how bad it was (she majored in history, but European was her specialty). We've pretty much been on our own with studying.

I'm taking the AP english 11 exam... I'm terrified. My teacher is a super tough grader on essays. She's giving us practice tests and I guess one essay has six sources like people in AP world history have been practicing with but there is still only about 20 mins per essay... scary!!!!!!!!!

I'm taking the AP english 11 exam... I'm terrified. My teacher is a super tough grader on essays. She's giving us practice tests and I guess one essay has six sources like people in AP world history have been practicing with but there is still only about 20 mins per essay... scary!!!!!!!!!

You're referring to the synthesis essay. There's a 15 minute reading period(to sort the doccuments) and then a 40 minute writing time. The other essays are each also given 40 minutes.

Yeah, Good Luck to everyone!!! How come you all only sit like five exams?? I have to sit 9 subjects and two levels in each subject!!

AP's are not really part of the HS curriculum. You take an AP-level class, which is like a HS class with college level material, subject matter, and they expect you to understand the stuff like you are in college. Where I go to school, AP's are optional, so you can take the class, get your HS credit, and thats it. But if you take the AP exam and do well, many colleges will accept AP credit as if you had taken the class. So you start off college with credits. So that is why people take the exams. But only AP-level classes have them. Classes that don't have an AP have a final exam at the end of the year....or in New York State, we have Regents exams which is a whole different story. So I took 1 AP class last year, 4 this year, and 3 next year.

AP's are not really part of the HS curriculum. You take an AP-level class, which is like a HS class with college level material, subject matter, and they expect you to understand the stuff like you are in college. Where I go to school, AP's are optional, so you can take the class, get your HS credit, and thats it. But if you take the AP exam and do well, many colleges will accept AP credit as if you had taken the class. So you start off college with credits. So that is why people take the exams. But only AP-level classes have them. Classes that don't have an AP have a final exam at the end of the year....or in New York State, we have Regents exams which is a whole different story. So I took 1 AP class last year, 4 this year, and 3 next year.

Wow that's complicated!!! We just do Standard Grades- after two years of high school you pick 4 subjects plus Maths, English, RE and Spanish and study them for two years then sit your actual exams (what I'm doing now). If you get a Credit grade ( a 1 or a 2) you can take that subject in Higher in fifth year, which is what you need to get into universities. After a Higher you can do an Advanced Higher in sixth year, which is about the same standard of work as first year in uni. (High schools go from 1st-6th year).

I'm lucky enough not to have to take them yet (AMEN!) but my sister is like stressed out and all. lol.

It is very stressful. Three down, one more to go!

But its worth it in the end. If you get a good score you get college credit, which means you can take electives and other fun classes in college instead of re-doing stuff you already took in HS.

But sorry Rose, there isn't an AP Gymnastics test that I know of ;).

I'd ace that gymnastics test. Most ok like all of my english assignments are about gymnastics. When I do physics someday that will go with gymnastics nicely too

I completely ACED my US exam. The multiple choice was insanely easy, and the essays suited me well. Now I just have English...piece of cake!

I thought the MC was easy, but part B of the essays had the oddest questions. I was thinking, how would i know that? I did 3&4. I finished the essays with an hour to go. So boring. X|

The mc only took me 20 minutes. I did essays 3 and 4 also, though I was confident with all of them-I did eeny-meeny-miny-mo to decide which I should do. I had about 40 minutes or so left. I was so bored that I wrote this story in French inside the scratch work booklet. It was a hilarious little story about someone who died of boredom! Every single person in the room was done with 1/2 an hour to spare, so we were all looking around making faces at each other.oh,good times.

I never took any AP classes, wish I could have gotten some of those college credits before I started though... Oh well.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back