WAG Appropriate meet hairstyles

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Tea

Gymnast
I recently cut my hair short, it is around chin length. My hair is too short to put up into pony tails or buns. For practice recently I’ve been doing a half up half down hairstyle with a headband.
Now that the competition season is near, what are some appropriate meet hairstyles that will stay out of my face and I won’t get deducted for.

As long as the headband stays in place (and won't fly off while you are tumbling), then you can wear a headband. I would suggest one that goes with your team leotard.
Another option would be to gel the heck out of your hair and slick it all back ... but I would still suggest a headband with it just in case.

When my daughters hair was chin length we would do like four little pony tails in the front (to keep bangs back) pulled back into a Regular pony tail. Hope that makes sense.

My daughter had chin-length hair for a while. We used to do a spiderweb with just the front hair, two rows of spiderweb ending in several tiny ponytails lying flat on the head with the back half of the hair down.

We also do multiple rows of tiny ponytails each in turn pulled into the next row's pony tail.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back