WAG are split jumps easy if you have your splits

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

twistingmia

I have a hyper pancake stretch, I have my right front oversplit of about 7inches and my left split. I also have the middle split.

I think my legs are quite strong as I am able to do L-Sits for about 40 secs and straddle L for 30.

I need to get my 180degree split jump, sissone, straddle jump and needle kick in two months. Is this possible if I train everyday?!

No, sitting in splits is what we call static flexibility. It is different to throwing the legs into a split which is referred to as dynamic flexibility or ballistic flexibility.

It takes more leg strength and power to throw your legs into these positions.

To train dynamic flexibility you should be doing lots of kicks and split and straddle jumps on trampoline.

You can also hang on a (top) bar and lift legs into split positions dynamically to build strength in the correct muscles as well as the above. My split leaps aren't too bad but I can only just get to the floor on my right leg. Technique is also a factor to account for.

Sitting in splits is completely different than getting splits in jumps and leaps. My DD has all of her splits and some over splits but struggles to get to 180 in her leaps.

You can also hang on a (top) bar and lift legs into split positions dynamically to build strength in the correct muscles as well as the above. My split leaps aren't too bad but I can only just get to the floor on my right leg. Technique is also a factor to account for.

Thanks for your answer! Once I can hit my split hanging from a bar, I can do it from a jump with the right technique, am I right?

Is it possible in 3-4 months?

I have a hyper pancake stretch, I have my right front oversplit of about 7inches and my left split. I also have the middle split.

I think my legs are quite strong as I am able to do L-Sits for about 40 secs and straddle L for 30.

I need to get my 180degree split jump, sissone, straddle jump and needle kick in two months. Is this possible if I train everyday?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back