Off Topic are you allergic anything?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

GymVamp

Hi all i have just found out that i am allergic to milk,wheat,soy,peanuts,treenuts,tomatos,coconut,shrimp,carrots,
and cantalupe!!!!! i just want to know if anyone else is allergic to these things and if you are WHAT DO YOU EAT? lol. Just for fun lets just see what everyone is allergic to it does not have to be food:)

Oh I hear ya. Allergic to shrimp & soy & a few medications (a few means about 5 in this instance).

My dad is allergic to every grain except rice. Tortillas are better than rice bread for sandwiches.

All my life I have been allergic to animals. Dogs were easiest to deal with but cats and horses were rough. I'd get welts after I pet them and If I touched my eyes they'd swell shut! Horses were really bad though, just being in a barn would make me sniffly, snotty and sneezy. I ended up getting allergy shots because I was around them enough to warrant it.

Since moving out of state both my daughter and I now have seasonal allergies. Talk about suckful! It's not been as intense and itchy as animals, it just never seems to end.

Oh i know what thats like. I am also allergic to almost all animals, alot of trees, grass,meds., dustmites, mold, and on top of that i have asthma!!! Did the allergie shots help alot? Can you be around horses and cats now?

I'm allergic to cats, dogs, mold, pollen, vitamin A, peanuts, macademia nuts, hazelnuts, walnuts, proteins in beef and turkey, trace metals like copper and nickel, and latex. I'm also lactose intolerant and tomato intolerant.

Woo, this is gonna be a long list. I can't even remember what all, but I'll take a stab at it. Peanuts, hazelnuts, almonds, a certain brand of strawberries, horses, dustmites, penicilin, trees & I know I am forgetting some. They also just tested me for a million other things and I'm waiting for the results.

Nuts animals and every pollen under the sun lol! I'm also a Coeliac (so allergic to Gluten) and a diabetic... I used to have loads of problems when I was younger because it was so hard to get all the right nutrients into me with such a limited diet and because I was doing so much exercise, I got really underweight and stopped growing for a while. So my doctor sent me to a dietician who gave me all sorts of things I can eat and I now get loads of gluten free stuff like bread and special snack bars on prescription. If you're having trouble I definitely recommend getting referred to a dietician/nutritionist :)

Oh wow... That must stink being allergic to everything! I'm not allergic to anything except a few seasonal allergies.

But my mom is allergic to milk and gluten, so I usually eat what she eats. Gluten free bread=awesome.

allergies

I totally understand you! I am allergic to treenuts. I used to be allergic to peanuts as well, but thankfully outgrew that allergy in 2005. It is hard to find desserts that I am not allergic to, especially in restaurants. Recently Peanut M&M's and Snickers are being made in a facility that also produces products that may contain tree nuts. So, I can't eat those anymore and I am really bummed! :(

Oh wow... That must stink being allergic to everything! I'm not allergic to anything except a few seasonal allergies.

But my mom is allergic to milk and gluten, so I usually eat what she eats. Gluten free bread=awesome.

This is funny. I've eaten GF bread for so long that I can't remember any different! But anytime my family tries it they say it's like cardboard mixed with sugar, they hate it.

The thing I hate about it is that (at least the brand in the UK that I get on prescription) it is tiny!!! And I mean tiny it's like half the size of normal bread, so I normally eat 4-6 slices in one meal when I have sandwiches!

Cold temperature. No really, I break out in hives when I get cold. Whole bunches of fun here in New England. And Tums and Fruit Punch Gatorade (possible red dye allergy).

Foods: Chocolate, strawberries, red dye, peanut oil, clams, oysters

Non-Foods: cat, dogs, horses, pollen, ragweed, dust, wasps, bees, pretty much any bug bite, latex

I pretty much live my life in a bubble.

Holy smokes! And I thought my friend was allergic everything! She doesn't come close xD

I'm allergic to peanuts (gives me an itchy tongue and throat), and recently I discovered that I'm mildly allergic to wheat (makes my nose kind of stuffed up- I've been breathing through my mouth my whole life), though I still eat if it can't be avoided lol.

Peanuts are not hard to avoid- there are even entire brands dedicated to nut-free, gluten-free, dairy-free products. But always CHECK YOUR M&MS to make sure they aren't the peanut kind, and don't eat cookies with giant chocolate kisses on top... There could be nuts hiding inside. I learned that one the hard way. :p

What's really annoying are those stupid mixed bags that have peanuts and such mixed in with pretzels or whatever. Ruins a perfectly good batch of food. That and sugar cookies that are actually peanut butter cookies in disguise, and "surprise" cookies that MIGHT be okay.

Also, rice milk is really awesome, no soy, and is sooo much better for you then regular milk!! Try Rice Dream.

Cold temperature. No really, I break out in hives when I get cold. Whole bunches of fun here in New England. And Tums and Fruit Punch Gatorade (possible red dye allergy).

When it's cold, I break out in hives. When it's hot, I break out in hives. Not fun here as the winters are cold and the summers are in the 30's- so hot!

Hot water makes me wheezy, and I have the worst seasonal allergies of anybody I know. Also my food & animal allergies that I already posted, and that's still not all.

Wow, I have never heard anyone say gluten free bread is awesome. I have 3 kids all diagnosed celiac and the bread we buy is sometimes edible and sometimes hard and dry. What kind do you use, or does your mom make her own?

Wow, I have never heard anyone say gluten free bread is awesome. I have 3 kids all diagnosed celiac and the bread we buy is sometimes edible and sometimes hard and dry. What kind do you use, or does your mom make her own?

My dad is gluten intolerant & we found a brand of bread (and other goodies...donuts, an oreo clone, I think they have bagels or something too) that's pretty tasty. Gluten Free from Kinnikinnick•For Celiacs•GFCF Diet•Allergies•Intolerances is their website. Their dark bread is better than their light bread, as I recall.

I was never allergic to anything as a child, besides Pampers nappies (diapers)! But in the last three years I've become allergic to blueberries and bananas, and just this year pollen.
I'm also being tested for coeliac disease, which I am praying I don't have after 18 years of gluten-gorging!

Has anyone any experience with chalk allergies? I'm interested as to how you'd deal with it in the gym.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back