Parents Arm length and casting to handstand?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Kcanflip

Proud Parent
Weird question, but I noticed today that my 13 year old DD has super long arms...trying on jackets and the sleeves are all too short even though the size is right. ha ha. Does having long arms make it harder to get a cast to handstand on bars? She's struggling to get this skill and curious if this might make it more difficult. If anything, it might make the straight arm and lean over the bar a bit harder or scarier?

What an interesting proposition. My DD has very long arms too- her fingertips are definitely below her knees- and her coaches (there were lots of them- ha!) could never figure why chs just wouldn't click.

Depends on your arm/torso length. Long arms can be advantageous on bars typically but it depends on your proportions first and foremost.

Short arms/long torso/short legs here and cast handstand has always been relatively easy for her. Now press handstands on the other hand.....

Hmmm... Well she's got longer than arms than me... I'm 5'5. But she's only 5'3. So her arm proportions may be off but she doesn't appear to be disproportionate anywhere else. Who knows. She's at that age where her body is changing constantly. Luckily her height changes have slowed down

The ideal "bar body" is long arms and legs with a short torso. Is she working on a straddle cast or straight body cast?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back