armwrestling

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

borisgym

some gymnast, or daughter of someone, have already armwrestle at school or at parties?
because in my class, the is a gymnast girl who won against everyone. even the biggest boys, and the fat boy, and she won very easily .. is interesting

My daughter now 13 used to beat everyone armwrestling, all the boys included. She just had naturally strong arms and was very small. She was an hour a week rec gymnast but could do more chin ups than the 10 hour a week girls.

i beat all the girls and most boys just not the super buff ones :p

When I was 2 years into gymnastics (age 24) after coming back from retiring at age 16, I arm wrestled with a friend of my Father many times. He was about 45 years old and strong. I never beat him, but he could never push me past somewhat vertical. :D Believe me, he was trying!

im only a rec gymnast i do 2-3hours a week and i am stronger than most boys in my year all apart from 3 who are are 6ft and rugby players,i can also do more chin ups and press ups than most boys in my year

I can beat all the boys at pushups easy. and beat most arm wrestling :) and showing off your press handstand on a chair at a party is a good crowd pleaser. :)

i can beat all the boys at an armwrestle except for one boy who is a big strong football player!!! :)

Interestingly enough, arm wrestling is not really an arm strength skill. Most of the strength used for arm wrestling is in the shoulder. Since gymnasts use these muscles more than most other people, it would stand to reason they would be very good at arm wrestling. From my own experience, the supraspinatus seems to be a key muscle involved in the ability to arm wrestle. Since this is a relatively small muscle in the rotator cuff, it would be quite normal to really good at arm wrestling without being bulky.
The only reason I mention the supraspinatus specifically out of the rotator cuff muscles is mine doesn't work very well anymore and I'm nowhere near the arm wrestler I used to be. :)

For those of you who are older enough to date (the answer better be much older than 13), it's probably not a good idea to arm-wrestle the boy you're interested in.

My dd is a 6th grader in a 6-8 classroom, by far the smallest, and can be all except 2 of the boys.

For those of you who are older enough to date (the answer better be much older than 13), it's probably not a good idea to arm-wrestle the boy you're interested in.

:D Definitely agree with that! The only guy who ever had the guts to ask me out in high school was one of the few guys who actually was stronger than me, and the boyfriend I had earlier this year did say it was a little intimidating when I brought my chin up bar back to the dorms with me :)

hahahahaha! could not have said it better!:D

Oh I disagree! Any man who's ego is going to be hurt by the muscular rewards of hard work is NOT for me. And wasn't when I was a young Goofy either.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back