WAG AT&T American Cup - March 5th - format

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

flippingtogether

Proud Parent
So I did get tix for DD and me to attend the AT&T American Cup 3/5 in Newark - we are excited to go. I for the life of me cannot figure out exactly what this is and what we will be seeing. (it was through our gym that we got the tix - so I didn't do a lot of research ahead of time....seems like fun to see great gymnastics!)

The website is VERY limited in info as to the flow of things. From what I can gather, 9 men and 9 women compete - do they all go at the same time, or is it M first followed by W or the other way around? Is it just 18 total gymnasts? Is this an AA competition, or team, or both? This is what I found thus far: http://www.attamericancup.com/athletes/ (and googling for more info didn't provide much more insight)
It is greatly appreciated to anyone who can shed light on this event!

To be clear - we are NOT seeing either Nastia Liukin Cup or Elite Team Cup at the same venue, at different times over the same weekend - there seem to be 3 distinct events going on. I can't tell if they are tied together or not....

It starts at 11:30 am with March-In. Then goes something like this:

Rotation 1: Men on 1st event (the compete one at a time)
Rotation 2: Men on 2nd event (they compete one at a time)
Rotation 3: Men on 3rd event & Women on vault
Rotation 4: Men on 4th event & Women on bars
Rotation 5: Men on 5th event & Women on beam
Rotation 6: Men on 6th event & Women on floor

Men & Women may end up competing at the same time on their separate events...I can't remember off the top of my head...

THANK YOU! This is so helpful!!

It starts at 11:30 am with March-In. Then goes something like this:

Rotation 1: Men on 1st event (the compete one at a time)
Rotation 2: Men on 2nd event (they compete one at a time)
Rotation 3: Men on 3rd event & Women on vault
Rotation 4: Men on 4th event & Women on bars
Rotation 5: Men on 5th event & Women on beam
Rotation 6: Men on 6th event & Women on floor

Men & Women may end up competing at the same time on their separate events...I can't remember off the top of my head...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back