WAG Australian WAG

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi everyone! I am quite a tall gymnast having trouble with 2 glide swing connection in lvl 4 WAG (Australia). I was wondering if I am able to do a straddle instead of pike… or do I have to pike. If anybody could get back this would be great as I have a comp in 4 1/2 weeks and I need to prepare. It doesn’t state it in the ALP and I’m not sure. Thank you.

I'm only familiar with the US system, and as far as I know we can always use a straddle glide swing in our routines. I would ask your coach if possible. If you aren't allowed to do straddle, try working on some core conditioning (leg lifts are a big help). Practice doing as many glides swings as you can in a row without tapping the floor. If you work on it consistently, you will get it! It just takes practice to build up your core strength.

Yes, you are allowed to straddle on the glide swings.

Also if you hang from the low bar and your bottom touches the floor you can have a bar raised.

I have a tall level 4 who straddle glides, in the ALP it does say that this is permitted (I think in the section around the middle where it lists the skill descriptions).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back