WAG Awards or not... (and a little brag)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD has a very packed day coming up! DD's state meet is in 3 weeks. Her group of level 4s go at 8 am. For once, this is a good thing. DD is also in her school musical. (She is the Mayor's Wife in Bye Bye Birdie.) She has a matinee performance at 2. Although, she is supposed to be there at 1 (this is called actor's call). The meet is 30 minutes away and at her last 8 am meet, she was out of the gymnasium at around 12:30. Should DD skip awards to be sure of getting there on time? Or should she be 5 or 10 minutes late for actor's call and go to awards? Please give us your opinion.

Now my little brag:

DD made her side aerial! :D She is 11 and is now one of the five girls in levels 3-6 who can do it! She was so happy last night! Her FHS is a complete mess but the aerial is there. (Now to fix that FHS...)

Depends on a few things:
Is it a big meet? More girls= more routines= more time. If it is a big meet, I say leave, someone else can accept your DD's medals. If it's small, you can stay.
Is there a way to decide right before awards? If it's 12 pm when awards start, you may want to stay for just her age group- then leave.
High traffic area or not? You may want to consider that- it could make you late.
And lastly, if you stay for awards, make sure that your DD knows that she can't stay and socialize with her friends, you need to get the heck out of that gym.
And congratulations to your DD on that aerial- that's big!
Edit- And good luck and have fun doing the play! ;)

Well, her session is 7,11 and 12 & up. The next session (9 yr olds) are supposed to start at 10:45, which makes me think DD's session will end at around 11.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back